Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edinson Volquez -- from opening day starter to newest member of the Louisville Bats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinson Volquez -- from opening day starter to newest member of the Louisville Bats

optioned to AAA today

About 5 starts too late
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Cool, I'll get to catch him pitch here in Louisville. His stuff seems to still be there, but his command is horrid. It is a lot better for the Reds to have him work on his command in the minors.

Comment

There was a tiime I thought the trade, EV for Hamilton, was fairly even. Proof I have a lot to learn.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          About 5 starts too late
          You could have had Ubaldo for him if you weren't so cheap...tightwad.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            There was a tiime I thought the trade, EV for Hamilton, was fairly even. Proof I have a lot to learn.

J
            That trade will probably never even out, or even come close, but I wouldn't give up on Edison yet. If/when he fixes his control issues, he can once again be a very good pitcher.

Comment

Dear Edinson,

Throw your teammates under the bus, and you'll be riding one.

Love and kisses,

Cincinnati management.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                Strictly by coincidence, the other pitcher the Reds got in that deal, Daniel Ray Herrera, was claimed on waivers by Milwaukee today.

I can hardly wait to hear more from my friends who are Reds fans about how good a deal that was for Cincinnati.

Now if they can just do something about Arroyo, who cost me 3 points in ERA and 4 in WHIP in PONY tonight.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                X