2k19: Jose Altuve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k19: Jose Altuve

we don't normally do 2k's on stud players, but Altuve has gotten a little dinged recently, so it makes sense to discuss if he's still a 1st rounder or $60 talent.

He missed some time last year which led to his lowest counting stats in years, but the real question is: will the HRs and SBs return? He had knee surgery after the season ended, and there's speculation to the fact he was hurt led to the SB downturn. So what can we project in that category? Will he be back to his 30+ SB goodness, or is the speed drying up? Because if he's now a 15 SB player, he's certainly no longer a 1st round pick. And if he's just a 15 HR player, and not back in the mid 20s, then he's becoming more of a 15-15 guy then his 25-35 salad days. That's a big difference.

I'll give him a mulligan and say he's coming back, but not all the way there. .310/90/15/70/22.

I'm more worried about the HRs than the steals. I think he could still hit .315 with 25 steals. It just might come with 12 HRs.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I'm more worried about the HRs than the steals. I think he could still hit .315 with 25 steals. It just might come with 12 HRs.
      I lean towards the opposite. What is the motivation for him to continue to steal 25 bases? I am very leery of him this year and probably won't own him.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I lean towards the opposite. What is the motivation for him to continue to steal 25 bases? I am very leery of him this year and probably won't own him.
        tru dat.

I feel like altuve could hit 18-20 home runs but steal far less...maybe 15-20.

I, too, shall be avoiding

Comment

If my league consists solely of people who think like you do, I will be all in on him because he could be a steal--he's just 28 after all. In the real world, I am out for the same reasons.

Comment

What was his motivation to steal 56 when he was younger? I just think he likes to run when he's healthy and HOU isn't necessarily inclined to put the brakes on him.

Comment

He's kind of a little feller.

But from 2012-2017 he never had a season with less then 30 steals. He played most of last year with an avulsion fracture holding him to 17 sbs. I think totally healthy he should get 25-30.

He only had two seasons of over 20 (24 in 2016 and 17). I would pencil in 15-20 and be happy if he hit in that range.

So what does 17 hr and 28 sb go for at your auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                He's kind of a little feller.

But from 2012-2017 he never had a season with less then 30 steals. He played most of last year with an avulsion fracture holding him to 17 sbs. I think totally healthy he should get 25-30.

He only had two seasons of over 20 (24 in 2016 and 17). I would pencil in 15-20 and be happy if he hit in that range.

So what does 17 hr and 28 sb go for at your auction?
                Depends if he hits .340 or .310 and scores 90 runs or 110 runs.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Depends if he hits .340 or .310 and scores 90 runs or 110 runs.
                  .330 90 runs and 60 rbi.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    .330 90 runs and 60 rbi.
                    If I was going to pay for those stats of .330 with 17hr..28sb..90 runs..60 rbi in my league (14 team mixed) then I wouldn't get him because I wouldn't pay more than $40.

Comment

Hard to hit a lot of home runs with a 30% FB rate. I have him for 15-18 dingers.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                      X