Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain this

I am at a loss for words

I thought you guys possess the Extra 2%?

Comment

I guess the obvious question is, "have Casey and Greg ever been seen in the same place at the same time?" If they have, then maybe they're like Tomax and Xamot from GI Joe? If one gets beaned, see if the other one is wincing in pain. Those are the only theories that make any sense.

Comment

I'm just surprised that Kotchman is that much better than league average in anything.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I'm just surprised that Kotchman is that much better than league average in anything.
          Yea, especially when you look at his batted balls. He's a lightning rod in the Rays' fanbase because people either love him or realize it cannot continue and are labeled haters. Guess which group I'm in....

Comment

his bat is useless at 1B but in my league he's been somewhat useful because my avg is crap and I needed an injury replacement.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

his bat is useless at 1B but in my league he's been somewhat useful because my avg is crap and I needed an injury replacement.
              I traded him for Kila in a keeper league even after the demotion. That's how little faith I have him him.

Comment

He was dropped in the RJEL and I needed a quick replacement for Ike Davis, and he has been quietly WONDERFUL. In that time, he hasn't provided much in the way of counting stats but he has given me a near .500 OBA with everyday production. That is damn useful, especially coming from a $1 FAAB pickup. I'll have no remorse when I kick him to the curb later, but he surely didn't drag my team down as an injury replacement.

If I win the title this year, he'll get a ring.

Comment

the counting stats have been the problem. He's hitting 6th in the lineup and has just 5 RBI thus far in 2011 with RISP because he hits mostly singles. He had a double and a triple this weekend; the double was a badly misplayed ball by Sanchez while the triple was absolutely scalded to the deep gap in CF. He hasn't hit anything to the warning track in at least 3 weeks.

Comment

Kotchman is my 5th most valuable bat the last 2 weeks. Yes my hitting is awful but still...

edit: and 4th most valuable over last 3 weeks

and 3rd most over 4 weeks!

Comment

I've only had Kotchman on my team for a week, since 5.16, and will likely only keep him for this week more as Davis (or Lind) will likely be returning by next. However, in that week, he got me a .450 OBA, and two RBIs. Over that same span, Albert Pujols would have got me only a .344 OBA and one RBI.

That's usable production from a guy who can be had for nothing. Of course, if your team has lots of holes, or is set at OBA, he won't help you one bit, but as a 2nd UT or an injury replacement, you could do a lot worse, like for example, Albert Pujols.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        I traded him for Kila in a keeper league even after the demotion. That's how little faith I have him him.
                        Unless something unforeseen happens I'm dropping him regardless in about 7-10 days, whenever Casey Blake gets activated or Brett Lawrie gets the call. My stomach turns every time I look at my starting lineup and see him in it.

Comment

Kotchman or Derrek Lee the rest of the way? Lee is the easy answer but its hard to drop someone hitting .360.

Comment

Kotchman or Derrek Lee the rest of the way? Lee is the easy answer but its hard to drop someone hitting .360.
                            Depending on your needs. If you have the power, I'd ride with Kotchman but if you need the power, go with Lee.

Comment

crap, thats what I was thinking. Except I need everything.

I also have Fukudome and one of Tejada or Getz ready to be dropped at any time.

Comment

Working...
                              X