Who to drop? (NL-only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop? (NL-only)

With Utley coming off the DL I need to make a decision on who to drop. Here are the most likely candidates:

Paul Janish - getting a lot of at-bats, but not really doing much with them
    Emilio Bonifacio - provides lots of versatility and some steals (plus, I have him for $1)
    Mike Fontenot - like Janish he's getting a lot of at-bats, but he's cooled down a lot lately
    Jon Jay - not getting as many at-bats as I had hoped since Berkman's been relatively healthy, but he's produced when given a chance (also have him for $1)
    Fernando Martinez - might not get that many at-bats once interleague is over, but he could be a decent keeper at $5

Thoughts?

Martinez. He could have been a decent keeper at $5 for the last three years, but it hasn't happened yet.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Martinez. He could have been a decent keeper at $5 for the last three years, but it hasn't happened yet.
      To be fair, the dude's only 22 years old. Plus, Beltran's in the last year of his contract so there's a spot waiting for him in next year's outfield. Heck, I could probably get a decent return by trading him to a dumper (which I might end up doing).

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        To be fair, the dude's only 22 years old. Plus, Beltran's in the last year of his contract so there's a spot waiting for him in next year's outfield. Heck, I could probably get a decent return by trading him to a dumper (which I might end up doing).
        Agreed. This not the one to drop. If it was my team I probably drop Fonten not!

Comment

even this giants fan would pick fontenot from that list
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Fontenot for me, too.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I should've mentioned that this is an OBP league instead of BA so Fontenot's got quite the advantage over Janish in that respect (.337 vs. .273). It's most likely between those two - and in the end it probably doesn't matter much since they're both scrubby - but I'm leaning towards dropping Janish just because he really doesn't have any upside in power or speed while Fontenot has a little bit of both.

Comment

the thing is fontenot could get you under 10AB a week right now, and even less when Sandoval comes back.....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  the thing is fontenot could get you under 10AB a week right now, and even less when Sandoval comes back.....
                  How do you figure? With DeRosa on the DL who else would play 3B/SS besides Fontenot and Tejada?

It's all a moot point anyway, I dropped Janish. The guy was sucking away at my OBP while offering hardly anything in the way of counting stats.

Comment

Working...
                  X