RJEL title history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL title history

Just curious if one of the league members could post the league title history, thanks!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

YEAR
    TEAM
    2018 Big Tymers
    2017 Putsy Caballeros
    2016 Iron City Lights
    2015 FantasyBaseBaldo
    2014 Putsy Caballeros
    2013 Annos Catuli
    2012 Spirit Molecules
    2011 Big Tymers
    2010 Preachers
    2009 Iron City Lights
    2008 Preachers
    2007 Spirit Molecules
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Well, the most important part is that the team with the most championships was run by mjl for half of its existence and DMT for the other half, and nobody else has more than half what they have, but for the record:

2018 Big Tymers (Big Tymer, unsurprisingly)
      2017 Putsy Caballeros (mjl)
      2016 Iron City Lights (frae)
      2015 FantasyBaseBaldo (JudeBaldo)
      2014 Putsy Caballeros (mjl)
      2013 Annos Catuli (Andrewski)
      2012 Spirit Molecules (DMT)
      2011 Big Tymers (Big Tymer)
      2010 Preachers (Hornsby)
      2009 Iron City Lights (frae)
      2008 Preachers (Hornsby)
      2007 Spirit Molecules (DMT)
      2006 Battle Axes (axman)

Total wins: Putsy/Spirit 4, Big Tymers 2, ICL 2, Preachers 2, FantasyBaseBaldo 1, Tandem Catulis 1, Battle Axes 1
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Glad to see the franchise still in good hands The reason I asked is because I just found a CBS trophy from 2012 and wanted to confirm it was mine.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Glad to see the franchise still in good hands The reason I asked is because I just found a CBS trophy from 2012 and wanted to confirm it was mine.
          umm...does your wife play fantasy baseball?

Comment

I'd just like to point out that I've only had one year in this league where I didn't win the championship.

yes, that's right, I've been in the league one year ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              umm...does your wife play fantasy baseball?
              No but I wasn't sure if I'd been sent one for my other league since I am the commish. CBS didn't send me one in 2016 yet I somehow have two from 2013. It's all very perplexing.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                No but I wasn't sure if I'd been sent one for my other league since I am the commish. CBS didn't send me one in 2016 yet I somehow have two from 2013. It's all very perplexing.
                Congrats on the wins, that looks like a challenging league.

Comment

I should have had a 3 peat, but Rick and Keith pulled a fast deal at the trading deadline in 2009 and I finished 2nd...not bitter though, not me.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Pretty sure that was the trade that got me Benintendi so think it would put for everyone but you Steve

Comment

Oh wait - the Benintendi trade was 2016. What the hell was the 2009 trade??

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                        Oh wait - the Benintendi trade was 2016. What the hell was the 2009 trade??
                        This?

07/03/09 10:54 pm ET
                        Iron City Lights
                        Roberts, Brian 2B BAL - Traded from Big Tymers
                        Tulowitzki, Troy SS COL - Traded from Big Tymers

Big Tymers
                        Andrus, Elvis SS TEX - Traded from Iron City Lights
                        Lewis, Fred LF SF - Traded from Iron City Lights

Comment

Must have been. I have always been a sucker for young SS’s.

Comment

LOL...Unless we were dealing in futures, Obviously wasn't Benintendi. But Ed cleared that up...

Keith getting Tulo pretty well sunk me that year...I recall making what I considered a superior offer for Tulo, but beauty was obviously in the eye of the beholder.

And didn't Jason's brother actually win one of the titles?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              LOL...Unless we were dealing in futures, Obviously wasn't Benintendi. But Ed cleared that up...

Keith getting Tulo pretty well sunk me that year...I recall making what I considered a superior offer for Tulo, but beauty was obviously in the eye of the beholder.

And didn't Jason's brother actually win one of the titles?
                              Haha back when Tulo was a good fantasy player.

The Benentendi deal was real early in 2016 and got me Miggy I think and some other parts.

I tried to get my 3rd title this year, but couldn't get past Rick. This is always a fun league and the best part about it is I don't have any responsibility in running it

Comment

Working...
                              X