2K19: David Dahl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: David Dahl

Do you like David Dahl this year? At what price.

He is being kept in our NL only at $15b (this year and next or can give raises after next year).

I have a couple of extra keepers and am thinking about making an offer. I am a bit blind as I have had various shares of Dahl for years. Margot $15 and done or needs a raise would be the main piece of what I would be offering. I would add another player or draft pick upgrade to the deal.

Me likey. This should be his breakout year. No question on the skill set playing in Coors. It comes down to health of course, but should be a solid guy at 15 with options.

This is the type of player that can win you a title if he plays 145 games. I can easily imagine bidding going into the 20's this year and well beyond that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      This is the type of player that can win you a title if he plays 145 games.
      I think you hit the nail on the head. This is a high risk / high reward play. $15 is reasonable in this scenario, and certainly leaves room for profit. He's a guy I'm not likely going to roster but I can certainly see the upside and I understand the interest.

If you roster Dahl though, as long as you aren't playing the long odds game**, you have to consciously avoid other high injury risks in order to hedge against too much lost time to the DL. For every Dahl you need several consistent / less flashy options who are going to play 155+ games every year in order to balance it out.

** Note that if you have a team that is looking bad overall and there are other teams in competition that just have you outclassed in keepers, the opposite is true. You load up with many high risk/ high reward players with the idea that you need them all to hit to have a chance, but at least it gives you a chance.

Comment

Is Margot $15b and a draft pick upgrade enough?

Comment

.272/.333/.563, 12 hr, 35 rbi, 23 runs, 3 sb after the all-star break in 174 PA's with a .290 babip.

.287/.330/.655, 9 hr, 27 rbi, 15 runs in September with a .281 babip.

His torrid last month erased any chance of a discount heading into 2019. Which is fair because he has legitimate 35/15 hr upside. It's all about the health and your appetite for risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I don't think so. Unless the draft pick upgrade is significant.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              I don't think so. Unless the draft pick upgrade is significant.
              Agreed.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I think the first question to answer is whether Margot is keepable at $15? I'd vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I think the first question to answer is whether Margot is keepable at $15? I'd vote no.
                  Thanks Ken.

There is that. I know the Dahl owner used to like Margot. He is fair priced in our league I would keep him if I had room (and money). I guess I am hoping he likes healthy Margot plus the add more than China Dahl.

Comment

Working...
                  X