Who the heck is Daniel Palka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the heck is Daniel Palka?

He is a 27 year old DH and poor outfielder for the Chicago White Sox. He hit 27 hr (417 abs) last year while batting .240. His OBP was poor at .294. He is supposedly learning 1B this off season.

He was picked up in our AL only 5x5 with a FAAB bid of 6 bucks. In a player search of RJ nothing came up.

He has been posted on the trade board in our AL only. His contract would be 6 and done after this year.

Thoughts?

Here's Paul Sporer on Palka.
    Daniel Palka, CWS | 8 HR in 90 PA

Almost chose Palka for my underrated hitter season, but went Tim Anderson instead and now get a chance to cover his solid season. He’s a prototypical power hitter with a ton of swing-and-miss countered by massive pop. He did fan 34% of the time with just a 6% BB rate during his 27-homer season, but he was a 34% K and 11% BB during September. He doesn’t hit lefties so that caps his volume, but he can club 30 HR in 500 PA against righties.

Highlight is mine. He's a 27-year-old (just turned) leftie hitting slugger who is a defensive liability. The minor league numbers show some patience so he's worth watching.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Meh, the Sox seems committed to upgrading through trades or free agency, and he seems like a replaceable bat, a la fellow similar player Matt Davidson. I'd pass.

Comment

Working...
      X