Where does Harper end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    As to why since none of us are there it is all speculation. My point being if this was offered and again speculation then it seems that Harper should accept this as that is the all-time greatest deal offered to a free agent especially after only hitting .249 last season. Maybe Philly is offering less. Maybe there is another team still in negotiation. Maybe Bryce really hates Philly. We'll find out soon.
    Yep.

I don't care where he signs as long as it is in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Ownership did not want to leave Las Vegas without a deal. They know the deal needs to be greater than the Machado deal. Rumored to take 350-360m over 10 years to get it down. It would seem that Philly met those demands and yet no deal until Monday.

It does seem that he really does not want to play in Philly.

It also seems that Harper is not willing to give a discount to play somewhere he would prefer.
      I seriously doubt Philly has offered that. They seemed to prefer Machado and wouldn't match $300 million. Always be hesitant to believe these types of rumors---they are almost always coming from either the agent or the team, and in both cases, they are purely self-serving. This rumor seems like a Boras special.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        They seemed to prefer Machado and wouldn't match $300 million.
        The word locally is that Klentak preferred Machado but Middleton preferred Harper. And Middleton has the money, so...
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          The word locally is that Klentak preferred Machado but Middleton preferred Harper. And Middleton has the money, so...
          I still doubt that they have a $50 million + difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            I still doubt that they have a $50 million + difference between the two.
            I'm betting he gets $330 million. I don't think he is more valuable than Machado, but Machado had a bit of an image problem, so I'll guess that will cost him $3 million a year.

Comment

The Dodgers are jumping back in with a short-term offer. Harper must really want to play out west. Or Boras wants the Phillies to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                The Dodgers are jumping back in with a short-term offer. Harper must really want to play out west. Or Boras wants the Phillies to think so.
                Likely Boras is still working to get more money. Only thing is if Dodgers are only offering short term deal and Phillies are north of $300 mil it would be risky for Harper to take the Dodger's deal.

Comment

If Harper goes to the Dodgers, I really hope they trade Joc P... like immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    For fantasy purposes, all things considered what would be best Dodgers or Phillies?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      For fantasy purposes, all things considered what would be best Dodgers or Phillies?
                      Phillies because Harper won't be bumping good players like Muncy/Pedersen to the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Phillies because Harper won't be bumping good players like Muncy/Pedersen to the bench.
                        I think he meant for Harper, lol.

Comment

well, if any teams are thinking of Arenado next year as a second choice to Harper, it sounds like he's about to sign a big extension with the Rockies
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            well, if any teams are thinking of Arenado next year as a second choice to Harper, it sounds like he's about to sign a big extension with the Rockies
                            Yep, biggest per year ever. I wonder if that makes Harper pout and hold out longer, or if he will be content with the total contract breaking the record, as it assuredly will.

Comment

Arenado is more consistent offensively and far more valuable defensively than Harper. Harper is probably more valuable from a marketing perspective, though.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Arenado is more consistent offensively and far more valuable defensively than Harper. Harper is probably more valuable from a marketing perspective, though.
                                Yes, it was a great move for the Rockies to lock him up. I'd much rather spend $245 mil on Nolan for 7 years than well north of 4300 mill on Harpur for 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X