No announcement yet.

2K19: Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Athletic reporting that the Tigers have signed Tyson Ross to a 1 year $5.75 million contract.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Pirates send Ivan Nova to the White Sox pending a physical. No word yet on return.

Comment

Andrew McCutchen to the Phillies pending a physcial.

Comment

Blue Jays release Troy Tulowitzki, who they still owe $38m

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Blue Jays release Troy Tulowitzki, who they still owe $38m
            ouch. necessary, but still, ouch.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

so here's a question - the team payroll (for the purposes of calculating luxury tax implications) is based on AAV of each player on the 40-man roster.

With Tulo now not on the 40-man, does that mean that this $38M owed to him is not part of the calculation?

Not that the Jays are in any danger of coming close to the threshold ... but I'd love to dream that for 2020 we will sign Sale, Cole, Verlander, Pineda, & Porcello and become instantly competitive ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                so here's a question - the team payroll (for the purposes of calculating luxury tax implications) is based on AAV of each player on the 40-man roster.

With Tulo now not on the 40-man, does that mean that this $38M owed to him is not part of the calculation?

Not that the Jays are in any danger of coming close to the threshold ... but I'd love to dream that for 2020 we will sign Sale, Cole, Verlander, Pineda, & Porcello and become instantly competitive ...
                Negative.

Comment

Negative.
                  Agree, they still count against the payroll for luxury tax purposes. No free rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

All you need Jays management to do is give Tulo a 1-year, $38 MM contract to buy him out this year, and all that cap money would be yours next year.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Charlie Morton signs with the Rays

Comment

Charlie Morton signs with the Rays
                        2/30 is what I saw. I’m surprised more teams weren’t willing to pony that up for him; in today’s market that’s pretty low risk.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Lance Lynn to the Rangers 3/30M. Reds acquire Tanner Roark for a minor leaguer. Angels to sign Justin Bour.

Comment

Jeurys Familia returns to the Mets, 3 years $30m
                            Joe Kelly to the Dodgers, 3 years, $25m

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              2/30 is what I saw. I’m surprised more teams weren’t willing to pony that up for him; in today’s market that’s pretty low risk.
                              Yeah, great signing. I thought he'd get more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Yeah, great signing. I thought he'd get more.
                                There's something strange going on with Morton. The Astros expressed zero interest even after McCuller's TJ surgery, with Morton reportedly wanting to stay there.

Gotta be some health information that isn't public, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X