Positioning for League Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positioning for League Meetings

This is a 16 team league with deep benches.

1B - Paul Goldschmidt *
    2B - Adalberto Mondesi
    3B - Matt Chapman *
    SS - Amed Rosario
    CI - Matt Olson *
    MI -
    OF - Christian Yelich *
    OF - Ronald Acuna *
    OF - Victor Robles
    OF -
    Util -

SP - Jack Flaherty
    SP - Robbie Ray *
    SP - Shane Bieber
    SP -
    RP - Mychel Givens or Greg Holland
    RP -
    RP -
    P -
    P -

Farm:
    Luis Robert
    Brendan Rodgers
    Austin Riley

This is a rough cut keeper list. Obviously there are holes. The players with * are on their last option and only four can be carried to 2020. Everyone else has at lest two years available.

I can expect at least one solid player/pitcher. In auction values around $15. Another two will be about $5-$8 and the rest will be under $5 and mostly $2-$3. Expect the squirrels to gather acorns, so the $1-$2 players will be deep.

So, is this core good enough to go for gold or should I maneuver to trade 2019 value for 2020?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

That's a very solid 16 team roster. I'd personally want an additional top end pitcher and you have the resources to go get one, but otherwise, looks great.

Comment

yeah, it's certainly good enough that you shouldn't be planning to dump, but your roster is very unbalanced of course. Your pitching is going to be your first pick, Flaherty, Bieber, whichever third-tier closer you keep, and whatever other scraps you can get, but that's a fantastic offense. Assuming you're throwing back Ray and one of the Matts of course.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

When 2020 gets here, we will see. I can keep them all this season.

I was actually thinking of moving Goldschmidt while he is still elite. Maybe, moving him for a top shelf SP. What SP under 30 would you target?

Yelich, Acuna, Chapman would be the core, plus whoever I got in a Goldschmidt trade. Bullpen reconstruction is doable in this league except for saves. Guys with Ks, ratios, and holds can be had fairly cheap.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-03-2018, 01:35 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
        X