Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a game between Pittsburgh and Miami scheduled for tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there a game between Pittsburgh and Miami scheduled for tomorrow?

AT least 1 site has this as being game scheduled. Yeah, I know there was 1 game that was never made up but neither of these teams will make the playoffs, so why? To my knowledge this has never happened before. This could impact some roto races and probably will.

Really? This and two game 163s, right?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

no, they canceled the PIT game

just 2 division title games tomorrow
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Since you mentioned it I’m curious how many leagues include game 163? Every league I’m in cuts off after 162 but I know some others do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Since you mentioned it I’m curious how many leagues include game 163? Every league I’m in cuts off after 162 but I know some others do not.
            My AL league does not
            Pony league does

I prefer not using the extra game

Comment

I think most leagues, like mine, include the entire regular season - which includes today.

check that, head-to-head leagues with playoffs I think cut off the entire last week or two.

overall, if I owned a guy like Yelich for instance, I would find it weird not to get his entire 2018 regular-season stat package.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I am in 3rd in my NL only league (tied but have the tiebreaker), two points out of 2nd. My roster includes:

Yelich
                Schoop
                Blackmon
                Kemp
                Tayler
                Grandal
                Bote

On the pitching side:

Hill
                Wood
                Ryu
                Hamels
                Cishek

Cishek and Wood could get into the game. It's not a do or die for any team so the starters won't pitch.

The closest categories are runs and HR; I'm 7 behind someone in runs and 2 behind another in HR. Certainly an outside change of helping. Of course a 2-20 could push me to 4th as average is very close. The team in 2nd has Machado and Schwarber. Could be interesting.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

you are usually the voice of reason so I am surprised to hear your leagues do not include game 163. mlb counts the stats towards the regular season, why shouldn't fantasy leagues as well?

Comment

My fun leagues - which use ESPN - do not.

My serious leagues do count them. In one of those, the money positions are locked in. In the other, all I need is Steve Cishek to strikeout five and get the win to move up into the money.

Comment

Yahoo ROTO leagues cut off at 162.

I suspect it's to have a set end of season date.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Yahoo ROTO leagues cut off at 162.

I suspect it's to have a set end of season date.

J
                        it's also because Yahoo doesn't work for its customers - you have to bow to their rules. no thanks!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          you are usually the voice of reason so I am surprised to hear your leagues do not include game 163. mlb counts the stats towards the regular season, why shouldn't fantasy leagues as well?
                          For me it's about equal footing for all teams. Arbitrarily getting an extra game just because your player is on a team that happened to tie doesn't make any sense at all, at least to me. If you use game 163 why wouldn't you arbitrarily use the wild card round of the playoffs too? It's equally random.

All the leagues I've participated in have been regular season 162 game leagues.

Comment

For me it's about equal footing for all teams. Arbitrarily getting an extra game just because your player is on a team that happened to tie doesn't make any sense at all, at least to me. If you use game 163 why wouldn't you arbitrarily use the wild card round of the playoffs too? It's equally random.

All the leagues I've participated in have been regular season 162 game leagues.
                            it isn't arbitrary at all. game 163 is officially a regular season game as recognized by mlb...and the stats count.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              it isn't arbitrary at all. game 163 is officially a regular season game as recognized by mlb...and the stats count.
                              That's not the part that is arbitrary though, it's the idea of having "fantasy" teams accumulate stats just because they randomly have a player who is on a team that is tied.

Tell you what, lets do a HR derby just among friends. Everyone gets 10 swings to try to hit as many as they can. If anyone is tied they get another round of 10, seem fair?

So you hit 4, I hit 2, and our friend Joe hits 2.

In the tiebreaker between Joe and I, Joe hits 3 and I hit 4.

So our totals are me, 6, Joe 5, and you 4.

You are last place, right? Seems fair?

Comment

Working...
                              X