2K19: Luke Voit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Luke Voit

Is Luke Voit's breakout this season legit? Less than 50 games, but with 13 HR, and a stellar slash line (.319/.395/.644), he should enter next year as the likely favourite to start at 1B... but you have to expect the Yankees to bring in some competition, maybe a $5 Mil veteran 1B/DH type.

So it seems like Voit will need to start 2019 hot to keep his job. Clearly there's more season and playoffs to affect next year's starting situation, but I'm just pushing out the Luke Voit bandwagon now, wondering if anybody else has him cheap and wondering if he's a diamond in the rough. He's basically done what Aguilar has, in terms of late career breakouts... but much smaller sample size.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Next year’s competition should still be Greg Bird, unless they deal him away. But he’s clearly the favorite to get the lion’s share of playing time.

Comment

am not a believer - but I can't offer numbers that clarify him as a fluke, either.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
      X