Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only 5x5 Blockbuster.

Option 1

Strasburg $14a, Dan Hudson (done this year) Russell Branyan $6a for Roy Halladay $44b

Chase Headley $25a, Cory Luebke $2a.

Oprion 2

Strasburg $14a, Chris Young $16b, Betancourt $8a

For Hanley Ramirez $51a, Dexter Fowler 15Y (was extended so have to keep for 2 more years), and Matt Latos 10Y (have to keep 2 years).

I am in 5th place and need a bump both in pitching and offense. I do have Sandoval coming back in June. I need K and ERA help. I need RBI and SB help.

Thank you in advance.

Does your league use AVG or OBP? What's the penalty for cutting someone on a long-term contract? Who does Latos replace?

I'm trying to ignore the big-name-ness of the second deal, but I'd probably still take that one -- at least it has a chance of helping in all of your categories that you need help in, and Fowler and Latos have some chance of being able to be flipped again. I'd take it and if Latos has one or two more good starts in a row I'd try to trade him again.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah I'm not convinced I like either... but I like #2 better. Hanley and Fowler should out produce CY and Latos is looking better. I like Dan Hudson so giving him up would require getting a lot back to improve your pitching - really you're only getting a decent upgrade at SP and Chase Headley.

Comment

OK- so
        A gets you Halladay - a mediocre tease in Headley (I have had him for 3 years) and a trading chip in Luebke

B gets you an underperforming Hanley, Fowler who is better than serviceable and a SD pitcher

B seems better if you think Hanley is going to turn it around

A could be better if you can then turn Luebke around for a hitter

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Does your league use AVG or OBP? What's the penalty for cutting someone on a long-term contract? Who does Latos replace?

I'm trying to ignore the big-name-ness of the second deal, but I'd probably still take that one -- at least it has a chance of helping in all of your categories that you need help in, and Fowler and Latos have some chance of being able to be flipped again. I'd take it and if Latos has one or two more good starts in a row I'd try to trade him again.
          Thanks for the replies fellas.

We use ave. We have 23 man rosters and a 17 man reserve. Latos replaces Strasburg on the roster. We make daily moves. Penalty of Salary x 2 in real money x years left. These only apply to extended contracts. As an example I could drop Headly or Halladay without penalty. Latos would be $40.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Yeah I'm not convinced I like either... but I like #2 better. Hanley and Fowler should out produce CY and Latos is looking better. I like Dan Hudson so giving him up would require getting a lot back to improve your pitching - really you're only getting a decent upgrade at SP and Chase Headley.
            Yeah, sort of what I felt. But Luebke would be of help.

My original offer was Strasburg for Halladay. I do not have to make a move. He may still do that but not until mid June (and we all know that those can go south).

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Latos replaces Strasburg on the roster.
              you have Strasburg active?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I think I prefer #2 over #1

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  you have Strasburg active?
                  No. We have daily moves. Strasburg is on reserve. I move pitchers in and out from reserves every day. Roster spot is not as issue.

Comment

I also prefer option 2 but I'd hold for now. Strasburg hype should pick up as dumpers wake up.

Comment

Working...
                    X