46 HR
    134 RBI
    31 SB

best fantasy year evah?
    Close, but no cigar because of the batting average. I'd go with:

Larry Walker (1997) -- .366, 49 HR, 130 RBI, 143 R, 33 SB
    Sammy Sosa (1998) -- .308, 66 HR, 158 RBI, 134 R, 18 SB
    Barry Bonds (2001) -- .328, 73 HR, 137 RBI, 129 R, 13 SB

Edit to add: I didn't consider seasons played before the invention of fantasy baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Close, but no cigar because of the batting average. I'd go with:

Larry Walker (1997) -- .366, 49 HR, 130 RBI, 143 R, 33 SB
      Sammy Sosa (1998) -- .308, 66 HR, 158 RBI, 134 R, 18 SB
      Barry Bonds (2001) -- .328, 73 HR, 137 RBI, 129 R, 13 SB

Edit to add: I didn't consider seasons played before the invention of fantasy baseball.
      I remember that Walker year fondly.

Can you compare the years for the rest of the league? I assume this year is still considered a down offensive year, no?

Comment

Granderson has the most home runs against left handed pitching in the majors with 12; Teixeira has 11. That's pretty amazing.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

remember when they said Curtis couldnt hit lefty pitching?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            remember when they said Curtis couldnt hit lefty pitching?
            THEY were right, his average against lefties:

2010 - .234
            2009 - .183
            2008 - .259
            2007 - .160
            2006 - .218
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

2010 - .234
              2009 - .183
              2008 - .259
              2007 - .160
              2006 - .218
              Umm, he wasn't saying that he couldn't in the past but that he's figured it out and can hit them now.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Umm, he wasn't saying that he couldn't in the past but that he's figured it out and can hit them now.
                He was? That's not how i read the words that were typed. If Hammer meant what you claim he meant he would have typed : "remember when curtis couldn't hit lefties?"

One thing I've noticed about some of your posts BB, instead of responding to what is written, you like to respond to how you interpret the post. Maybe stick to responding to the actual words the poster typed, and not what you think they meant
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

2010 - .234
                  2009 - .183
                  2008 - .259
                  2007 - .160
                  2006 - .218
                  right, now for 2k11 .284. Did you miss something in my previous post?
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    right, now for 2k11 .284. Did you miss something in my previous post?
                    no. you said "remember when they said he couldn't hit lefties?" and my post confirmed that they were correct. that's all.

Comment

He was? That's not how i read the words that were typed. If Hammer meant what you claim he meant he would have typed : "remember when curtis couldn't hit lefties?"

One thing I've noticed about some of your posts BB, instead of responding to what is written, you like to respond to how you interpret the post. Maybe stick to responding to the actual words the poster typed, and not what you think they meant
                      Give me a break and get over yourself.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Give me a break and get over yourself.
                        I will. (i typed something short so you don't misinterpret it.)
                        Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X