Raise your hand if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise your hand if...

You had E. Suarez and J. Baez cracking 100 RBI by September 4th.

And Matt Carpenter with 35 hr already.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-05-2018, 12:03 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

well, not really

Comment

Not me, I had September 8th.

Comment

I was definitely high on Suarez. Not Baez or Carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I was definitely high on Suarez. Not Baez or Carpenter.
          Agree - thought Baez would continue to improve, but not THIS good. Got Suarez in every mixed league I ended up in.

Thought Carp was in decline. First month or so, he sure seemed to be declining...
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Thought Carp was in decline. First month or so, he sure seemed to be declining...
            Same for me, I was completely out on Carpenter. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Comment

Thought Suarez and Baez would both improve but not to the degree that they are producing at this time. I had Saurez for $26 and traded him in a multi deal involving a $2 Pham who got traded right after our deal went through so not so happy about that. Carpenter no way saw this power surge coming but if you look at all his other skills he is producing his usual normal stats just more HR this season. Funny that I did look at him as a low buy early on but went with a different direction. Mind you the low buy was base on his BA returning not the HR he has produced.

Comment

To add on this this happens to a few players each year like Carpenter. Last season Zimmerman was on fire especially that 1st half and Reynolds 30 HR.

Also you would have to think nobody expect Story to be flirting with a 30/30 season hitting .290.

Comment

I believed Carpenter would have a strong year in the preseason, and after I got outbid on him, I bugged that owner for the first couple of months or so to trade him to me. I started using his bad stats as a way to convince him to trade him to me. But like a dad singing lullaby's to a wide awake kid, I never did persuade him to sell--I eventually persuaded myself the line I was feeding him was true, and I decided he was in decline after all. I admit, part of my change of heart was influenced by some folks on here whose opinions I value being pretty down on Carp. Hard to blame anyone who bailed on him before his epic hot streak, though. He was looking pretty putrid for awhile.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-05-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Suarez went for 30 in my league, Carpenter went for 22.

the miss was on Baez. owner had an option for 15 for this year and 20 for next - yes, please - but instead he lame-ducked him for 10.

hardly fatal - instead of paying 35 for 2 years, he might be able to get him for 45 or so (10 + 35+) if he buys him back. and he saved 5 units this year and is contending.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X