Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Giancarlo too

Where's the 50 jacks dude?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

It's actually pretty amazing that he's going to pay in 150+ games for the second consecutive season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Coming into the season he had hit 50 HR in 1 out of 8 seasons. What gave you the idea that you should ever expect 50 from him?

C'mon man, you have all these resources at your disposal and you even have a board of smart people here if you have questions. Why would you draft him expecting 50 HR? That was not a likely outcome from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Coming into the season he had hit 50 HR in 1 out of 8 seasons. What gave you the idea that you should ever expect 50 from him?

C'mon man, you have all these resources at your disposal and you even have a board of smart people here if you have questions. Why would you draft him expecting 50 HR? That was not a likely outcome from the start.
        I didn't draft him. I got him in a deadline deal. So why isn't he hitting more bombs? Dude is like king kong up there!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I didn't draft him. I got him in a deadline deal. So why isn't he hitting more bombs? Dude is like king kong up there!
          Not sure that how you acquired him is relevant but if you were expecting 50 HR that was a big mistake on your part. It would never have been reasonable to project 50. He's on pace for 39 HR which would be the 2nd highest mark of his career.

Comment

Not sure that how you acquired him is relevant but if you were expecting 50 HR that was a big mistake on your part. It would never have been reasonable to project 50. He's on pace for 39 HR which would be the 2nd highest mark of his career.
            Is that because of injuries? His career HR/AB surely has to put him on a 50 HR pace most years, no?

Comment

Is that because of injuries? His career HR/AB surely has to put him on a 50 HR pace most years, no?
              Negative, his career HR/AB puts him at 44 HR per 600 AB. He's on pace for 90% of that number. You should be pretty happy with his production based on the price that should have been paid to acquire him.

Comment

2018 OPS splits:
                Total: .860
                Home: .792
                Road: .928
                RHP: .788
                LHP: 1.082
                RISP: .679

The Home and RISP numbers can be expected to improve next season, so he could be underrated next year. But that .788 OPS vs RHP will need to come up with them.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Negative, his career HR/AB puts him at 44 HR per 600 AB. He's on pace for 90% of that number. You should be pretty happy with his production based on the price that should have been paid to acquire him.
                  He is on pace for his most AB's in his career. You are right I am happy with his production. I traded a 2F Kirilloff for a 2 month rental of the $58 Stanton. You got to give to get.

I am now leading in HRs by 10. He should do his job and make it hard to catch me.

Comment

I just re-read this thread and realized I missed something.

Mith, you got him in a *deadline* deal? Assuming that trade deadline was around the mlb trade deadline you've had him all of August. He had 9 HR in 116 AB in August, 1 HR in every 12.9 AB. In his career he has hit 300 HR in 4108 AB.... or 1 HR every 13.7 AB.

So, he's been *better* than you should have ever expected as far as HR rate goes. And you are trashing him for not hitting HR for you??

Comment

Mith, you got him in a *deadline* deal? Assuming that trade deadline was around the mlb trade deadline you've had him all of August. He had 9 HR in 116 AB in August, 1 HR in every 12.9 AB. In his career he has hit 300 HR in 4108 AB.... or 1 HR every 13.7 AB.

So, he's been *better* than you should have ever expected as far as HR rate goes. And you are trashing him for not hitting HR for you??
                      That's our Mithy!

I lead by 10 and he has 9. 9 more than Kirilloff would have gotten me.

I would love it if he got 9 more this month!

Comment

Have you ever considered playing in a sim league instead of a roto league?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Since i have had him he has 205 AB and 12 HR. And he has hit .278. He's been solid for me. I just want MORE!!!!!

Altuve on the other hand, has blown since I got him in the same deal.

Comment

Another 0-4 last night for the big loser.

6 for his last 52.

Thanks big man!

Comment

ZERO HR in weeks. 3 hr in last month.

WTF happened to him??

Comment

Working...
                              X