Terrance Gore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrance Gore

Desperately need SB rest of the way. Is it realistic to hope for 5 - 10 from Gore in Sept for the Cubs?

I wonder if he might be used more often by replacing a guy at 2B in hopes of scoring on a base hit.
    Last edited by harmon; 09-02-2018, 08:44 PM.

I've picked him up in a previous year with the same hope of a handful of SB. You have to think 3-5 is much more likely than 10 SB, but also factor in zeroes in HR/RBI, and light on runs, and it would require a very specific scenario to see him helping much toward a title run.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Got his first Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Got his first Monday night.
        First time I have seen him. He is little and very fast. I agree with Teenwolf 3-5 for the rest of the year.

Comment

Interesting stat line...before his recent call-up, he has played in 50 games in his major league career, he has 11 at-bats, zero hits, 14 runs and 21 stolen bases.

Comment

I remember a couple years ago I picked up Gore in my AL only and need like 2 SBs out of him over 2 weeks to take 1st place in my AL only. At the time he had not yet been CS in his MLB career ( or close? I forget) and then over the last 2 weeks of the season (for KC) he proceeded to get caught 2 times, and no SBs. And I ended up in 2nd.

Comment

Up to 4 now and even got a hit. Damn, wish I had taken him when I had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                Up to 4 now and even got a hit. Damn, wish I had taken him when I had the chance.
                I wish you were updating to say "against the advice here, I've snagged 4 SB from Gore"...

Sorry I led you astray, good luck down the stretch! Trust your gut over the doubters sometimes. I know I've done better the more I've learned to ignore consensus and trust my gut. Just use consensus to gauge potential faab bidding.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  I wish you were updating to say "against the advice here, I've snagged 4 SB from Gore"...

Sorry I led you astray, good luck down the stretch! Trust your gut over the doubters sometimes. I know I've done better the more I've learned to ignore consensus and trust my gut. Just use consensus to gauge potential faab bidding.
                  Thanks Teen, the advice was good but he's exceeding even my lofty hopes with 4 already.

My choice was Gore or Soto as a roster expansion. Soto has been on minor league reserve. Soto had the chance to maintain average and HR which were under pressure and maybe gain a point or two. Gore had the potential to get me 5 points in SB if he got close to 10 SB.

I'm in a dogfight for 2nd to 5th place which should go down to the wire. I elected the Soto route, but if there had been a chance at 1st, I would have rolled the dice on Gore.

Comment

I got to see Gore in live action last night. That young man can fly. I think he is the fastest baseball player I have ever seen.

I would like to see him in a race against Billy Hamilton.

I sure hope he makes the playoff roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I got to see Gore in live action last night. That young man can fly. I think he is the fastest baseball player I have ever seen.

I would like to see him in a race against Billy Hamilton.

I sure hope he makes the playoff roster.
                      Yea, he'll take Russell's spot.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Yea, he'll take Russell's spot.
                        I think that is a good call.

Comment

Working...
                        X