Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA League Top 20s" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I've heard that from outside evaporators when Tucker was struggling, but not actually from the Astros. Is that actually from an Astros source or just speculation?
    That's me betting that Alvarez gets called up first.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Nate Pearson with 35K's in 21 IP in Hi A. 0.86 ERA and 0.62 Whip. The Jays have him alternating 5 IP outings with 2 IP outings.
      And just promoted to AA
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Fair enough, he's certainly tearing up AAA. I think they are both top prospects at this point.

Does Alvarez have a position?

Comment

Fair enough, he's certainly tearing up AAA. I think they are both top prospects at this point.

Does Alvarez have a position?
          Everywhere i have looked has Alvarez listed as an OF. But, i think Tyler White at DH would be most likely to lose playing time.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Everywhere i have looked has Alvarez listed as an OF. But, i think Tyler White at DH would be most likely to lose playing time.
            Sorry, yeah I should have been more specific. I'm talking about scouting reports and insider information not milb playing time -

Asked at the Winter Meetings for Alvarez’s ideal defensive position, general manager Jeff Luhnow joked "designated hitter.”

Comment

Luis Robert slashing .000/.250/.250 Why did the promote him to AA ? He's really struggling
              Yeah, .267 BA with an OPS under .700 sucks.

Give him some time. It's not like he's 0'fer.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• how is Riley Pint, one of my June picks in 2016, is doing?

well, he's in his 4th season in the minors, and he has a career 3-20 record with a 5.96 ERA.

this season Riley has allowed 4 H in 3.6 IP, which is bearable - but the 17 BB, that seems like a lot.
                sure enough, he has a 29.45 ERA and a 5.727 Ratio in 6 appearances.

I guess I can wait on this 21-year-old who was the 4th overall pick in the 2016 MLB draft but...... well, I'm saying there's (not) a chance.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Put down that Pint. You’ve had one too many, JJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    how is Riley Pint, one of my June picks in 2016, is doing?

well, he's in his 4th season in the minors, and he has a career 3-20 record with a 5.96 ERA.

this season Riley has allowed 4 H in 3.6 IP, which is bearable - but the 17 BB, that seems like a lot.
                    sure enough, he has a 29.45 ERA and a 5.727 Ratio in 6 appearances.

I guess I can wait on this 21-year-old who was the 4th overall pick in the 2016 MLB draft but...... well, I'm saying there's (not) a chance.
                    Wow. Riley Pint was also one of the key characters in Jeff Passan's book "The Arm," as he was one of those kids groomed at a very young age by baseball camps to be a star.

Comment

• update: 3 one-inning scoreless (!), walkless (!!!) appearances since I called him out.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Kyle Tucker started off the season terrible but he's rounding into form.

Last 7 games:

.333/.379/.852 (1.231 OPS)
                        4 HR, 3 SB, 7 R, 11 RBI
                        Tucker on the season is now up to 20HR and 13SB and he's been significantly better than Alvarez over the the last month.

Just as a point of reference, if Tucker had put up the same numbers in mlb that he's put up at AAA, he'd be a $41 player so far this year in a 15 team mixed. A top 5 value. (yes, I know the numbers don't translate like that)

Comment

• lot's of graduates from MLB.com's top 100 list. Once Tatis gets a few more at bats the top 5 will be:

1) Wander Franco
                          2) Casey Mize
                          3) Royce Lewis
                          4) Mackenzie Gore
                          5) Forest Whitley
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

lot's of graduates from MLB.com's top 100 list. Once Tatis gets a few more at bats the top 5 will be:

1) Wander Franco
                            2) Casey Mize
                            3) Royce Lewis
                            4) Mackenzie Gore
                            5) Forest Whitley
                            Is forest still up there? Injuries, drug addiction, poor production...it sure feels like a long time since we saw excellence

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              Is forest still up there? Injuries, drug addiction, poor production...it sure feels like a long time since we saw excellence
                              He hasn't played well and is on the IL. I know he had a suspension, but is there any documentation that he was addicted to drugs ? I never heard that.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

But, teammate Yordan Alvarez has most likely passed Tucker on the depth chart.

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Alvarez is getting called up on Sunday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X