MR usage in normal leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR usage in normal leagues

Assume a normal 12-team mixed, so 108 pitchers are used each week. Assume that there are no closers by committee and all 30 closers are in use. How many middle relievers should be active each week? Obviously Hader is better than SP78, but how much higher does it go?

For a somewhat arbitrary reference, use https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/au...cher-rankings/. Is the 10th best MR better than Chase Anderson? Is the 20th better than Vince Velasquez?

In the real world it'd also be slightly skewed because a less good SP on a two-start week might be useful, but ignore that for now.

for a more concrete version - I'm currently starting Scherzer, Verlander, Keuchel, Clevinger, Eovaldi, and either Bieber or Dereck Rodriguez along with three closers. How many of those should I replace with some of Jeffress/Betances/Trivino who are all available for free?
    Last edited by mjl; 08-04-2018, 03:20 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

MRs will have little to no value. How many innings will your team accrue? 1800-2000? An MR will only go 50-60, or maybe 1/35th to 1/40th of that total, and be a negative in wins, saves and Ks.

Comment

Working...
    X