Inciarte for the “other” J.Martinez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inciarte for the “other” J.Martinez?

I wish it were for JD, but alas, the other owner is not that stupid. However, he needs steals and I could use the batting average and power upgrade, although I wouldn’t want to lose SB either. However, Inciarte figures to lose playing time against lefties to duvall and really doesn’t contribute much outside of steals, he’s a slightly better Billy Hamilton. Martinez meanwhile has really cooled off, but has flashed good power/OBP and could be traded to a contender. Which begs the question, would he play full-time or be a 1B/OF util guy?

I’m inclined to do this considering Inciarte is on the down slope and Martinez helps in more categories, but wondering if I’m missing anything here as to why this other owner would make this offer 1-for-1? The bum ankle for Martinez doesn’t seem too bad.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

If it's a straight re-draft league with implications for this year only, I'd do it. Inciarte just got kneecapped with Duvall and has been in a horrific downward spiral since the end of April (only 10 SBs since then, after 13 in April). At best Inciarte is playing half as much as he has.

Comment

Yeah, unless SBs were very tight and I'd be at risk of losing a lot of points, I'd do this deal. Jose will lose OF qualification more than likely, even with a trade, but I love his upside in a 6x6 league where OBP is the sixth category.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yeah, unless SBs were very tight and I'd be at risk of losing a lot of points, I'd do this deal. Jose will lose OF qualification more than likely, even with a trade, but I love his upside in a 6x6 league where OBP is the sixth category.
        Thanks guys, made the deal.
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson