Osuna traded to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I'm not sure who should be policing it, but when you publicly state your organization has a "zero-tolerance" policy towards such actions, and have immediately released another player under similar circumstances, this trade makes him a complete hypocrite, IMO.
    Hmmm...I'm going to politely disagree here. The Astros released that player (assuming we're talking about Danry Vasquez here) after MLB gave him an indefinite suspension, so they acted after MLB essentially gave the player a potentially lifetime ban.

I guess I don't read "zero-tolerance" as you will never, ever, ever play baseball if you do this again. I read it as if you do this, we will see that you are punished by the appropriate authorities. And they retain the right to extend greater punishment if they feel the damage to the club is greater than the penalty leveled by MLB.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I havent followed Osuna at all but... Was he convicted? If so, why isnt he in prison?
      charges laid, it's going through the courts - next date is Aug 1 (tomorrow), word is he plans to plead not guilty.

also, conviction doesn't necessarily mean prison time.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        charges laid, it's going through the courts - next date is Aug 1 (tomorrow), word is he plans to plead not guilty.

also, conviction doesn't necessarily mean prison time.
        right, but for domestic abuse I thought if found guilty he'd at least serve some sort of sentence. But I dont follow this sort of stuff that closely...
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
        X