Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The evolution of Dusty Baker

Interesting article by RJ Anderson over at Baseball Prospectus

Rest assured, Wood wasn’t the only one Baker has ridden hard, as the graph below shows, going beyond 120 pitches was a common staple of a Dusty-managed rotation—the key word there being “was”. Since taking over the Reds, Baker has only had 14 instances where his starting pitcher has exceeded 120 pitches—he averaged 17 per season with Chicago, including 29 during that 2003 season, when the Cubs advanced to the National League Championship Series and accounted for nearly 13 percent of the 120-plus games on the season all by themselves:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=13948
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

that guy is an idiot....no idea what he's talking about.

j/k - we've worked together for years. Would you believe he's a college junior?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      He sure likes commas and dashes.
      he, isnt- alone......
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        j/k - we've worked together for years. Would you believe he's a college junior?
        Kinda reminds me of when Max Dworin (MaxD) frequented these boards. For years, I thought I was conversing with a middle-aged dude like the rest of us. Turns out he was, like, twelve. I wonder what he's been up to. I think he's in med school or something by now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          Kinda reminds me of when Max Dworin (MaxD) frequented these boards. For years, I thought I was conversing with a middle-aged dude like the rest of us. Turns out he was, like, twelve. I wonder what he's been up to. I think he's in med school or something by now.
          Funny you should mention that Dane. I am graduating from Johns Hopkins a week from today. Definitely not going anywhere near medicine, though. And I'm still around the boards, mostly read the political commentary in The Sports Bar. Glad I wrote in a style well beyond my years. I've probably regressed at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxD View Post
            Funny you should mention that Dane. I am graduating from Johns Hopkins a week from today. Definitely not going anywhere near medicine, though. And I'm still around the boards, mostly read the political commentary in The Sports Bar. Glad I wrote in a style well beyond my years. I've probably regressed at this point...
            Max! Yeah, I very rarely visit the Sports Bar, so I didn't realize that you were still around. Good to hear you are doing well, and congrats on graduating from Johns Hopkins. You have definitely done well for yourself. And good to see you still around here. You may not be old, but you are one of the old hats around here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Max! Yeah, I very rarely visit the Sports Bar, so I didn't realize that you were still around. Good to hear you are doing well, and congrats on graduating from Johns Hopkins. You have definitely done well for yourself. And good to see you still around here. You may not be old, but you are one of the old hats around here.
              Yeah, I haven't posted since the new format went into effect, but RJ does have a spot on my bookmarks toolbar! Maybe I'll come back to the board more permanently in the post-grad world...

Comment

Working...
              X