Does Yates get traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Yates get traded?

Do the Pads keep Yates or trade him off?

I am rebuilding NL only and his owner has posted him for trade. His contract is 3A. I am trying to decide what if anything to offer.

Why not? He's a journeyman 31-year old reliever who's been on 4 teams in 4 years. I'm sure the Padres think they just found a $20 in the pocket of an old pair of jeans.

Comment

it's a crap shoot - the supply seems to me to exceed the demand - Kela, Diekman, Yates, Romo, Ziegler, Osuna, I'm sure I'm missing some ... and that's with Brach and Britton and Oh having already been added to contenders. Are there that many teams still looking to add to their pens?
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Why not? He's a journeyman 31-year old reliever who's been on 4 teams in 4 years. I'm sure the Padres think they just found a $20 in the pocket of an old pair of jeans.
        Perfect analogy. I'd expect there's plenty of buyers - I'd think Houston is shopping even with landing Pressly (Devenski looks like he's in second half meltdown mode again), Brewers, Yankees, and even the Cubs are likely still looking to add an arm or two.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          it's a crap shoot - the supply seems to me to exceed the demand - Kela, Diekman, Yates, Romo, Ziegler, Osuna, I'm sure I'm missing some ... and that's with Brach and Britton and Oh having already been added to contenders. Are there that many teams still looking to add to their pens?
          Red Sox actively seeking relief help. Word is they're worried about Kelly (as they should be, he's been bad lately) and need someone besides Barnes to get to Kimbrel.
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

i think they do with Yates what they did with Hand last year. ask for the moon, and if they don't get any nibbles, hold on to him another year while he establishes his orbit. i guess the key is if Yates is really improved. if the Padres believe in him, they'll keep him and trade him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              i think they do with Yates what they did with Hand last year. ask for the moon, and if they don't get any nibbles, hold on to him another year while he establishes his orbit. i guess the key is if Yates is really improved. if the Padres believe in him, they'll keep him and trade him next year.
              Which would be perfect for me as I decided to trade for him in my rebuild. A $3 closer is too valuable not to gamble on if you don't have to give an arm and a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                It's possible, but those two situations are vastly different. Hand was a 27 year old with pedigree and 4 more controllable years. Yates is a 31 year old journeyman and has just 2 years left of control.

Comment

Looks like he’s staying put.
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                    Looks like he’s staying put.
                    I traded Colton Welker 5F and Tyler Glasnow who got traded last night for Yates 3A and a 2B Adam Frazier.

I really didn't want to trade Welker, but I have a few too many rookie status guys, so I thought I would take the gamble.

Now the question is do I flip Yates to someone in the hunt or hang on to him? Does Yates get traded in the off season or is he the closer next year? For 3 bucks I am thinking I keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I traded Colton Welker 5F and Tyler Glasnow who got traded last night for Yates 3A and a 2B Adam Frazier.

I really didn't want to trade Welker, but I have a few too many rookie status guys, so I thought I would take the gamble.

Now the question is do I flip Yates to someone in the hunt or hang on to him? Does Yates get traded in the off season or is he the closer next year? For 3 bucks I am thinking I keep him.
                      if he keeps pitching good, closer for next year. since they say the asking price was high, i think the padres think he will. i'm not really familiar with Yates. similar to the Hand situation last year, i think they would be trying to repeat it. just trade him in July next year before he gets traded to a contender and becomes a setup guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X