Machado FAAB Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machado FAAB Bid

In my 10 team NL league I expect him to go between the upper $50 to $68 max. This is based on the amounts left for each team and Sal Cap. I have the 4th highest amount left at $57 but because of sal cap I can't go more than $42 which will not get this done. I have a team offering me to trade me players to cut my cap down but I have to give up a $3 Buehler to do this which would help toward the bid amount but there are 3 teams who could out-bid me so way too risky on doing that. I expect other leagues to go to either their max amount or where they can control the winning bid. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

He just went for 93 bucks (out of 100) in my NL only - and by the first-place team. The funny thing is, it wasnt the highest winning bid of the season - that distinction went to good 'ol Greg Holland, who went for the full 100 in week one. Here's to hoping that in this case, Manny fares about as well as Holland did (says the second place team). At least I have the second-most faab for Dozier or whoever else of significance comes over.

And yes, there is a salary cap in this league - a crazy easy one where a 93 player didnt even require any special maneuvering so it would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      In my 10 team NL league I expect him to go between the upper $50 to $68 max. This is based on the amounts left for each team and Sal Cap. I have the 4th highest amount left at $57 but because of sal cap I can't go more than $42 which will not get this done. I have a team offering me to trade me players to cut my cap down but I have to give up a $3 Buehler to do this which would help toward the bid amount but there are 3 teams who could out-bid me so way too risky on doing that. I expect other leagues to go to either their max amount or where they can control the winning bid. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
      I think you've thought it through well. Selling a $3 Buehler to be assured you'd get Machado, sure. To only have the fourth best? No way, IMO.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I think you've thought it through well. Selling a $3 Buehler to be assured you'd get Machado, sure. To only have the fourth best? No way, IMO.
        He went for $61 so even clearly cap space I still would have lost out. The owner with the 2nd most FAAB made a bid at $67 but because we use a Vickrey System another team bid $60 so the $67 wins the bid (winning bid + 2nd highest bid plus 1). The team in last place had $85 and if I had been him I would have gone $67 and then flip him to the teams in the running but he made no bid at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          He went for $61 so even clearly cap space I still would have lost out. The owner with the 2nd most FAAB made a bid at $67 but because we use a Vickrey System another team bid $60 so the $67 wins the bid (winning bid + 2nd highest bid plus 1). The team in last place had $85 and if I had been him I would have gone $67 and then flip him to the teams in the running but he made no bid at all.
          The last place owner is a fool.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            The last place owner is a fool.
            In one of my NL-onlies, I'm rebuilding. I nabbed Machado for $62 of FAAB and immediately swapped him to the guy in first for $1 FCordero, ML TONeill, and $5 LWeaver. Win/win.

Comment

Working...
            X