making a push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a push

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $21
    1B - Flores $5
    2B - Merrifield $13 1st year keeper
    3B - Castellanos $14
    SS - Pinder $5
    CI - Lamb $9
    MI - Marte $5
    OF - Harper $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Trout $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $13 1st year keeper
    OF - Pederson $5
    DH - Dustin Fowler $5
    P - Koch $20
    P - Weaver $16
    P - Roark $6
    P - Wheeler $10
    P - Mahle $5
    P - Nola $8 2nd year keeper
    P - Cody Allen $5 1st year keeper
    P - Manaea $1
    P - Wade Davis $19
    DL - Buchholz $10
    DL - Andrew Miller $20 1st year keeper
    BN - Hanley Ramirez $1
    BN - Colome $21
    BN - Dustin Fowler $5
    BN - Godley $20
    BN - Danny Duffy $9
    BN - Woodruff $5
    MN - Carson Kelly $1
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MN - Schrock $10
    MN - Beeks $10

I'm solidly in the 120s, with little competition for the final money spot. The team in 4th has added a lot of pitching to get into the 130s, with the top three teams all over 145. I've been offered the following from the team in 7th:

Rizzo $32 / 6th year keeper, Choo $1, Tanaka $23, Archer $30
    -FOR-
    Benintendi, Rodgers, Godley, Colome

Rizzo obviously is an upgrade at 1B, but it means a downgrade in the OF losing a great keeper in Benintendi. Plus it puts me $3 short of our $400 cap. What does the RJ crowd think?

I'd say no...Choo is having a great year, but Rizzo isn't. Both pitchers have an injury question mark, and frankly, you're giving up the best player in the deal in Benintendi. If I'm shooting for money, I want the best player in the deal coming back to me...

You need pitching help, but I don't know that this is the deal you want.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

agree with Hornsby. I wouldn't cap myself with that deal. Are the lower teams all picked over already? I think if you make it known you're willing to trade Benintendi (not that you necessarily should be) you should be able to do better than that.

Also that isn't really Matt Koch at $20 is it?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Given some of the other offers you've received, at least this one is worthy of consideration.

Key question - are players on the DL counted against your cap?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Chance, this is somewhat worthy of consideration, but I'm passing.

1) not trading Benintendi, not ever;
          2) if you want to trade Rodgers alone, you should be able to fetch a couple of players to fill some holes;
          3) you have $41 in dead dollars you can drop in Colome and Koch

Also, it would be helpful if you posted your roster (which, thanks for doing) with the most optimal lineup. Having Koch in there with Godley on your bench, and not grouping your closers together is confusing for those only taking a cursory glance.

Comment

C - Realmuto $21
            1B - Flores $5
            2B - Merrifield $13 1st year keeper
            3B - Castellanos $14
            SS - Pinder $5
            CI - Lamb $9
            MI - Marte $5
            OF - Harper $37 6th year keeper
            OF - Trout $37 6th year keeper
            OF - Benintendi $13 1st year keeper
            OF - Pederson $5
            DH - Dustin Fowler $5
            P - Cody Allen $5 1st year keeper
            P - Wade Davis $19
            P - Roark $6
            P - Wheeler $10
            P - Mahle $5
            P - Nola $8 2nd year keeper
            P - Weaver $16
            P - Manaea $1
            P - Keller $10
            DL - Buchholz $10
            DL - Andrew Miller $20 1st year keeper
            BN - Montas $10
            BN - Colome $21
            BN - Dustin Fowler $5
            BN - Godley $20
            BN - Danny Duffy $9
            BN - Woodruff $5
            MN - Carson Kelly $1
            MN - Rodgers $10
            MN - Schrock $10
            MN - Beeks $10

DL players are counted against the $400 in-season cap. I forgot I dumped Koch and Hanley.

The teams out of it - Cueto $24, Flaherty $5, Carrasco $33, King Felix $1, Matz $1, Newcombe $1, Arrieta $19, Morton $14, Cole $23, Carlos Martinez $33, Keuchel $21. Are any of them worth a 1-for-1 trade for Rodgers?

Comment

Given that list, if I’m going for a win or for money, Morton, Carrasco, CMart and Cole would be the four I’d be going after. Is there anyone with one of those and another you’ve listed? In a long term keeper league, I’d be disinclined to give up Rodgers straight up, but Rodgers and Colome for a great and good pitcher would be workable for you.

Comment

Cueto $24, Flaherty $5, Carrasco $33, King Felix $1, Matz $1, Newcombe $1, Arrieta $19, Morton $14, Cole $23, Carlos Martinez $33, Keuchel $21

Bolded = yes

Comment

Would I be crazy to ask for Cole and Martinez for Rodgers and Colome?

Comment

You know your league better than we do. In my 10-team only leagues and 12-team mixed that wouldn't happen, in RJEL (18-mixed) it might. Though at a guess Cole probably has some keeper value in your league which makes it harder? So I think it's unlikely.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                      Would I be crazy to ask for Cole and Martinez for Rodgers and Colome?
                      Nope. I'd be ready with some sort of sweetener - draft pick upgrade, an additional lower end cheap player you can spare (Dustin Fowler?), or something like that in case you get close to a deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X