Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better value in future years - Nimmo or Michael Taylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better value in future years - Nimmo or Michael Taylor?

Mired at the bottom in our 14 team mixed keeper (Mith and Madducks in it also). I own a $3 Taylor ($3 next year, $8 in 2020) and have been offered a $1 Nimmo ($1 and $6) straight up. Is it worthwhile to do the deal? Taylor is in the 4 man OF rotation but seems to be the odd man out. His speed is the only benefit of ownership. The Mets seem to like Nimmo but........ Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would take Taylor for the SB which are so hard to find these days. Nimmo is a nice player but replaceable for fantasy.

In mixed, you don't need to worry about Taylor being traded away and if he is it will be a good thing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      I would take Taylor for the SB which are so hard to find these days. Nimmo is a nice player but replaceable for fantasy.

In mixed, you don't need to worry about Taylor being traded away and if he is it will be a good thing for him.
      Exactly this. SBs are gold. I think Nimmo is the superior player, with a better all-around skillset, and if I was building a REAL team, I'd prefer him by a wide mile. But, in fantasy, Taylor's SBs set him apart.

Comment

Agreed re SBs. Also, I don’t trust the Mets to manage anyone’s career properly.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Do the advanced metrics point to minimal running?

There's been so many times this year that seem like a perfect running situation and it turns into a DP. K's are way up, but not sure how that goes hand in hand. Seems to me that base advancement has even more value in a high K era. Takes 3 hits or a blast to score for the most part these days.

Earl Weaver was ahead of his time I guess. Station to station, get the high OBP guys on base and cue the launch angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Agreed re SBs. Also, I don’t trust the Mets to manage anyone’s career properly.
            This definitely crossed my mind. Plus, I like the thought that Taylor is a threat to steal 3-4 baaes any given day-provided he can get on base.

Comment

I'll be contrarian and go with Nimmo. Taylor has the possibility of Harper re-signing, Eaton, Soto, and Robles making him a fourth or fifth OF. His contact skills are not good, which could also cost him consistent playing time. Nimmo, on the other hand, has no worthy competition for a job, and one would assume he will have a full opportunity to develop. Then again it is the Mets, and they could develop him as well as Amed Rosario.

Comment

Nimmo.

Comment

Working...
                X