• Nobody Is Talking About This

Harper BA .213.

Dude is killing me.

Can I get a Mith WTF please?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Harper BA .213.

Dude is killing me.

Can I get a Mith WTF please?
    I was never a true believer in Harper. Never owned him, never will.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

he is killing my 2nd-place team that can win if he ever wakes up
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Strikeout rate is up 4% but so is his walk rate.
        LD% and Hard% are above his career rates.
        Power is there. More steals than last year already.

He's simply getting killed by a .220 BABIP.

Seems like the perfect time to buy low on the guy.

Comment

NYC sports talk radio is the best. Some caller calls into the morning show on the FAN today and says (not a word for word quote, but more or less):

Listen, the Nats are struggling right now and I just wanted to get your thoughts on maybe the Yankees acquiring Bryce Harper before the Nats end up losing him for nothing in the offseason. And the Yankees need a pitcher, so they should get Max Scherzer too. That would make the team really tough to beat in the playoffs. Do you think the Nats might move those guys?

To the hosts' credit, one said, "Good bye." And the other one was just like "no, just stop. No."

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Strikeout rate is up 4% but so is his walk rate.
            LD% and Hard% are above his career rates.
            Power is there. More steals than last year already.

He's simply getting killed by a .220 BABIP.

Seems like the perfect time to buy low on the guy.
            I've looked at this also and keep thinking this has to change. Him getting hot is the boost I need for BA. Currently in 9th place out of 10 teams but could move up to 3rd or 4th as not much separation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I was never a true believer in Harper. Never owned him, never will.
              On this, we agree. I believe it was Ron Shandler who noted that he's earned over $24 just once in his career for his fantasy managers.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                NYC sports talk radio is the best. Some caller calls into the morning show on the FAN today and says (not a word for word quote, but more or less):

Listen, the Nats are struggling right now and I just wanted to get your thoughts on maybe the Yankees acquiring Bryce Harper before the Nats end up losing him for nothing in the offseason. And the Yankees need a pitcher, so they should get Max Scherzer too. That would make the team really tough to beat in the playoffs. Do you think the Nats might move those guys?

To the hosts' credit, one said, "Good bye." And the other one was just like "no, just stop. No."
                "Yeah, ya know, I figured we can give them Neil Walker, Brandon Drury and Jacoby Ellsbury, because we're not using those guys. Do you think they would do that? I'll hang up and listen."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  "Yeah, ya know, I figured we can give them Neil Walker, Brandon Drury and Jacoby Ellsbury, because we're not using those guys. Do you think they would do that? I'll hang up and listen."
                  So Cashman offers this. Rizzo on the other end. Dead silence. Click.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    So Cashman offers this. Rizzo on the other end. Dead silence. Click.
                    Nah, "We're pretty close -- just throw in a few extra pieces to even it out. I'm thinking you just add Judge, Severino, Sanchez, Chapman, Torres, and Didi and I think we have a deal"

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      That's probably more generous than most callers. Most callers would not be willing to give up players who have made the major leagues.

There was one the other day who was saying they should go get Degrom but Torres, Andujar and Clint Frazier have to be off the table. I'm sure the Mets just want to donate Degrom to the Yankees. Reminds me of the Seinfeld where George is like "I figured out a way to get Bonds and Griffey and not have to give up that much!"

Comment

Working...
                      X