Record for the most DL players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record for the most DL players.

I'm in the 12TO league. I counted 23 players to hit the DL this season. Can't say for sure but pretty sure that is the most ever. It's incredibly frustrating. Sometimes there are days sometimes that go by without looking at my team. I'm not sure who is even in 1st or what place I'm in. I'm even beyond the Mirth rants of WTF. Guess I'll be posting soon in my league to make a dump trade that is if somebody can stay healthy enough to trade.

I've only had 17, so you beat me!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

For some years, I've been tracking DL dollars in my leagues. I just count how many draft dollars are on the DL on any given day. In my big money league, for three years in a row, I lead (lost?) with at least $17,000 for the season. That's averaging almost $100 a week for the season. Last year was the first year in four years that I didn't lead the league in DL dollars (I was 6th of 12) and I won (and that year, I had Adam Eaton for $33).

I track it by hand, which is A LOT easier in leagues that only allow moves once a week, but if I was a tech genius like mjl, I would make a tracker that did it for me. It doesn't help me project anything, but it does give me an honest indication of how luck is playing a factor. In one of my NL-onlies, I'm leading (at one time, I had Kershaw, Cueto, and deGrom all on the DL at the same time), but lots of guys are coming back and I've managed to stay in the hunt without them. This tells me to go for it, because I think if my luck even nudges in the right direction, a naturual regression to the mean, I should improve dramatically.

Comment

In 1 16 team league my starters are Carrasco, Archer, Ray, Darvish and Cueto, Caleb Smith and Pivetta

Comment

Working...
        X