Prince Seranthony Dominguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Seranthony Dominguez

What is the likelihood he is closing to begin 2019? I hate Kapler so I have very little confidence and I am not dumping but I am hedging and I can get him at $7A for an expiring stiff named Justin Turner.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Closer per se? Probably not in the traditional sense, but I do believe that he'll get 20+ saves as long as he stays healthy. He's got dominante stuff, and that will play in the long run...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm not sure the Phillies aren't convinced he still can't start. If he is becoming a reliever, then he has a good a shot as anyone in that pen, but I'm not 100% sure that's what they're thinking.

Comment

7 is better than 10 or 15. in a 12-team NL-only, he can be worth keeping at 7 even if he doesn't start the season with the closer job. the talent is legit
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

You're trying to predict how Kapler will use his bullpen a year from now? Good luck with that.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            I'm not sure the Phillies aren't convinced he still can't start. If he is becoming a reliever, then he has a good a shot as anyone in that pen, but I'm not 100% sure that's what they're thinking.
            For what it's worth, I have heard exactly zero about him starting. Not a word here. But, as Erik aptly said, who can predict what Kapler will do?
            Bearin' up!

Comment

looking more like a bonafide closer every outing.

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                For what it's worth, I have heard exactly zero about him starting. Not a word here. But, as Erik aptly said, who can predict what Kapler will do?
                He's started 54 games in the minors, but it looks like they've been transitioning him into the bullpen since AA. You're right, he's likely not returning to starting.

Comment

The kid is young and short on experience relieving, but you have to believe the eye test. He makes an occasional mistake just like all young pitchers, but he is unflappable and very cool in his approach. If Kapler actually uses him consistently as a closer, he could be something special.
                  Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                  X