Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Amed Rosario already a Post -hype candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Amed Rosario already a Post -hype candidate?

He's on WW in a medium deep league. I have a raft of SS contenders. Should I add one more at the cost of a farmhand of some note--Robles, Roberts, Rodgers or JP Crawford (it's Crawford's second injury pushing the decision). Alternatively, vets like DeJong and Ervin Santana.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    He's on WW in a medium deep league. I have a raft of SS contenders. Should I add one more at the cost of a farmhand of some note--Robles, Roberts, Rodgers or JP Crawford (it's Crawford's second injury pushing the decision). Alternatively, vets like DeJong and Ervin Santana.

J
    I've liked him more than Crawford from a fantasy standpoint for a while. I'd make that swap.

Comment

I agree with him being better than Crawford right now. Rosario in comparison to last season has actually improved somewhat. A little more walks, less K, better contact. Doesn't hit well at home. His away numbers are actually decent. Mets are committed to him and I see no reason why he doesn't stay full time. If he can figure out playing at this level then we could see an improvement for the 2nd half. If that happens then you have potential SS or a trade option. With Crawford he'll be out for awhile and with the way Kapler is playing mostly Kingerly at SS it may be tough for Crawford to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        With Crawford he'll be out for awhile and with the way Kapler is playing mostly Kingerly at SS it may be tough for Crawford to improve.
        And as I've stated a couple times on this board previously my personal opinion is that Crawford was never a top end *fantasy* prospect. He's been primarily defense first, and while that can keep him on the field it's not necessarily relevant in mid sized leagues. Deep NL Only, obviously you need everyone that gets ABs, but otherwise he doesn't have much fantasy appeal for me.

I could see an Andrelton Simmons like career path for him, which at this point may sound nice but 2014-2015 were very rough from a fantasy perspective for Simmons. I personally would wait until the offensive game matures quite a bit on Crawford before having much interest.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          I agree with him being better than Crawford right now. Rosario in comparison to last season has actually improved somewhat. A little more walks, less K, better contact. Doesn't hit well at home. His away numbers are actually decent. Mets are committed to him and I see no reason why he doesn't stay full time. If he can figure out playing at this level then we could see an improvement for the 2nd half. If that happens then you have potential SS or a trade option. With Crawford he'll be out for awhile and with the way Kapler is playing mostly Kingerly at SS it may be tough for Crawford to improve.
          Funny. I also own Kingery in that league, but he has stayed healthy and in the lineup.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X