Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitters coming off the DL - Who do I drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitters coming off the DL - Who do I drop?

My RJ Pot Roast League AL only team is currently sitting in first place (out of 11) on the strength of pitching, where I lead every category except saves. My hitting has been mediocre, strong in RBI, weak in AVG, and mid-pack in everything else. Now I have Kiermaier, Beckham and Joyce all coming off my DL this week or early next week and have to decide who to drop.

I can keep a 5-player bench, with any hitter/pitcher mix, and up to a 5-player DL. Minor league players (Vlad Jr) eat up a bench slot. It's a re-draft league, so playing just for this year and salaries are irrelevant.

My team:

C J.Lucroy
    C J.McCann
    1B Y.Alonso
    2B J.Ramirez
    SS A.Escobar
    3B M.Andujar
    MI Y.Sanchez
    CI L.Valbuena
    OF N.Mazara
    OF S.Choo
    OF D.Deshields
    OF S.Piscotty
    OF M.Canha
    EH N.Cruz

Bench: K.Kiermaier, V.Guerrero; DL: M.Joyce, D.Pedroia, L.Garcia, T.Beckham

P C.Kluber
    P B.Snell
    P J.A.Happ
    P A.Heaney
    P D.German
    P J.Shields
    P A.Chapman
    P R.Tepera
    P J.Jimenez

Bench: N.Eovaldi, J.Garcia, J.Anderson; DL: A.Triggs

Escobar and Garcia look obvious. Then... Anderson probably?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd probably cut Pedey...I just don't know that he'll be healthy. Then Escobar and German...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

People will be fighting for your scraps, especially as hot as Domingo German has been of late.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Escobar, Garcia, and Anderson for me

Edit: Assuming Beckham qualifies at SS, otherwise just cut Beckham

Comment

Working...
          X