Trade Deadline Movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline Movers

Already hearing rumors about Machado to the D-Backs, I'm sure some closers will be traded to be setup men, any other significant deals expected? Especially ones where players are switching leagues?

I'd expect J.A. Happ to be the best starting pitcher on the market. Cole Hamels will also be on the move. In addition to Machado, the O's should also move Britton & Adam Jones.

Comment

I'm hoping Hand won't be dealt, but I'm fearful he will be. I have an abundance of closers right now, but no one wants to trade for them, because I'm told they will all be traded out of jobs. When the dust settles, I'm hopeful Hand still has a closing gig, and Barraclough, and Kela. I haven't heard buzz on him being traded, but everyone is gun shy of a Marlins reliever being dealt. I guess rightly so. I'm getting the same feedabck for Kela.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-20-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Rangers insider viewpoint:

1) Hamels will very likely be moved. He threw a wrench into the process by saying his $20m option has to be picked up for him to sign off on a trade. Apparently there are 20 teams on his no trade list, including the Yankees who were thought to be his most likely destination.
        2) Adrian Beltre will be traded IF he wants to be traded. Team has been in discussions with him about his preference. If he doesn't want to move he'll stay, the question is simply if he is interested in one final pennant race. Unlikely to bring back much in return.
        3) Bullpen arms - Kela/Diekman both on the market. TX does not value bullpen arms highly and they are more than willing to move them if they can get an attractive return. That includes Kela who is their current closer and having a nice season. Kela is still under control until 2021, so I'd expect a decent return for him if they do end up moving him.

Comment

All the smoke about Happ I've seen has him staying in the AL but obviously any team could use a quality SP.

Just trying to figure out how much FAAB I should stockpile in my AL and NL leagues to see if I can land a stud near the deadline. I'm one of 3 teams in my AL league with all $100 in FAAB (most moves are made via regular pick-ups instead of FAAB) but those teams are lower than I am in the standings so I doubt I would get the top players coming to the AL. In my NL league I'm right in the middle FAAB-wise but will be cap-strapped once my team's fully healthy so I can't necessarily take on a big $ guy unless I make another move. Strategery!

Comment

Local papers are speculating Matt Boyd to Seattle. While Al Avila has stated he has does not have a mandate to trade players or dump salary, the papers still believe that Liriano, Shane Green, Jose Iglesias and Mike Fiers are good bets to be gone. Castellanos and Fulmer are also being talked about as potential trade candidates. The Tigers will get very little/nothing for anyone in the first group.
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Rangers insider viewpoint:

1) Hamels will very likely be moved. He threw a wrench into the process by saying his $20m option has to be picked up for him to sign off on a trade. Apparently there are 20 teams on his no trade list, including the Yankees who were thought to be his most likely destination.
              2) Adrian Beltre will be traded IF he wants to be traded. Team has been in discussions with him about his preference. If he doesn't want to move he'll stay, the question is simply if he is interested in one final pennant race. Unlikely to bring back much in return.
              3) Bullpen arms - Kela/Diekman both on the market. TX does not value bullpen arms highly and they are more than willing to move them if they can get an attractive return. That includes Kela who is their current closer and having a nice season. Kela is still under control until 2021, so I'd expect a decent return for him if they do end up moving him.
              Choo also rumored to be on the block...though his contract is tricky with what $$ is remaining, yeah?
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson