No announcement yet.

June Callups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgers going to call up De La Rosa to pitch in relief rather than start; the exact opposite of what Colletti said he would do just this time last week.

Comment

With Adam LaRoche probably done for a long time, anyone think Chris Marrero will get the call (and start)?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        With Adam LaRoche probably done for a long time, anyone think Chris Marrero will get the call (and start)?
        I'm thinking not. He's striking out a lot still (35/15 K/BB in 167 AB) and probably needs some more time. With Morse moving over to first and Bernadina taking over in center they won't rush Marrero IMO (Nix and Ankiel are suitable fill-ins in left).

Comment

Oakland has 2 black holes at 2B (Ellis - .207/.243/.280) and 3B (Kouzmanoff - .198/.238/.333), both of which have very hot hitting prospects ready to replace them in Jemile Weeks at 2B (.313/.399/.451) and Adrian Cardenas at 3B (.348/.413/.463).

The A's sit at 23-26, and can't continue to trot these guys out there if they expect to stay in it. Conversely, if they do fall out of the race, I'm sure these two will get the call to try and win jobs for 2012.

Kouzmanoff is currently losing a lot of time to Andy LaRoche, but he won't be able to hold off Cardenas for long either.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Been watching Cardenas for a while, might develop into a decent ball player but just doesn't look like he'll ever develop into a reliable fantasy option. So he's perfect for Oakland. Does he ever have Polanco upside?

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
              Been watching Cardenas for a while, might develop into a decent ball player but just doesn't look like he'll ever develop into a reliable fantasy option. So he's perfect for Oakland. Does he ever have Polanco upside?
              That's the main knock on him, good ballplayer, but poor for roto.

I think he's got Alberto Callaspo potential, someone who could hit .300+, maybe sneak his way into the #2 spot in the lineup and be good for 80 runs, but probably won't ever hit 10 HR, or steal 10 bags. Could be an asset if acquired cheaply in an AL only league, but probably won't ever be mixed league worthy.

I target guys that walk more than they strikeout who have a strong hit tool. 3 of those guys are on my AL only team right now, all with a K/BB in AAA of around 1.0, and all doing quite well this season (Gardner, Brantley, Joyce)
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Rizzo went deep again. That's 15.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                  Rizzo went deep again. That's 15.
                  its not 'if'. its 'when'.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
                      Hahaha...That was funny.

Comment

He is not exactly a prospect, but Travis Snider has been in tear things up in AAA for a month. I assume this has something to do with a specific date. His line in AAA is 128 PA, 20 RBI, .304/.383/.402. He has a minor ding right now, but if they have been holding him down til June 1, or 30 days, or whatever, he ought to be ready.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          He is not exactly a prospect, but Travis Snider has been in tear things up in AAA for a month. I assume this has something to do with a specific date. His line in AAA is 128 PA, 20 RBI, .304/.383/.402. He has a minor ding right now, but if they have been holding him down til June 1, or 30 days, or whatever, he ought to be ready.
                          Well, I think the SLG part of that line is why they sent him down to begin with. Where has the power gone (1HR in the PCL off AAA pitching is nothing to write home about).

Comment

Working...
                          X