trading for pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading for pitching

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $21
    1B - Guzman $10
    2B - Merrifield $13 1st year keeper
    3B - Castellanos $14
    SS - Pinder $5
    CI - Lamb $9
    MI - Marte $5
    OF - Harper $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Trout $37 6th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $13 1st year keeper
    OF - Pederson $5
    DH - Dustin Fowler $5
    P - Koch $20
    P - Jansen $28
    P - Roark $6
    P - Wheeler $10
    P - Mahle $5
    P - Nola $8 2nd year keeper
    P - Cody Allen $5 1st year keeper
    P - Manaea $1
    P - Wade Davis $19
    DL - Flores $5
    DL - Andrew Miller $20 1st year keeper
    BN - Hanley Ramirez $1
    BN - Colome $21
    BN - Dustin Fowler $5
    BN - Godley $20
    BN - Danny Duffy $9
    BN - Woodruff $5
    MN - Carson Kelly $1
    MN - MacKenzie Gore $5
    MN - Schrock $10
    MN - Beeks $10

Trying to compete for the money for the first time in 18 years in the league. Currently fighting for 4th/5th. Been offered the following from the team in 2nd:

Lance Lynn $5 and Luke Weaver $16 for Jansen

He has Kluber $26 4th year keeper and Sale $29 6th year keeper, but he says he won't move either for Jansen. He's also got Vladdy $1. Thoughts on his offer? Or a good counter to get Kluber or Sale?

Jansen appears to be a good chip to move considering it's a 6x6 league and you have two other very good closers. But I'd need more/better than Weaver and Lynn, sorry.

Being that saves are just 1/6th of your pitching points, I'd highly doubt you could get Sale or Kluber in a deal involving Jansen.

And like you said, this is your first year competing after 18 years in this league -- so why any concern about Vlad? Get out of the also-ran mode and start attacking!

Comment

If I'm reading right, you have three closers in a 16-team league. I'd think you could hold position or close with two closers.

With Godley and Duffy grossly underperforming, you are up against it at SP if you want to finish in the money. While I agree with revo that Lynn and Weaver are an underwhelming return for Jansen, I suspect the only way you'll get better is by offering a very attractively priced Allen to a rebuilding team. Maybe someone will pony up for Davis, but I see that as less likely. But I'd be pinging lower level teams to see interest and payback for a keeper closer.

If that doesn't work - and pretty quickly - I'd let the 2nd place team know you're close but you need some sort of sweetener to finalize it.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No way am I doing that deal. Hurts you as much as much as helps you. Lynn No help in saves or holds, meh in wins, good in K's, hurts in ERA, Kills you in whip.

I have to believe that Luke Weaver owners everywhere are disappointed with his performance this year. I am not paying for the pre-fantasy hype a third of the way into the season. You are competing for a money slot and not rebuilding. Weaver is a piece and not a cheap one for those re-builders.

You mentioned he has a $1 Vlad. Would he trade Vlad for Jansen? If he would I would be all over that. You still have two closers. He would be a monster trading chip later on or a fantastic keeper with your great list of keepers. Looking a few moves ahead you could not go wrong with it. I have my doubts he will make that trade but I would try.

Comment

I've tried getting Vlad but that's a nonstarter. He's offered up Cishek $5 with Weaver/Lynn, but I don't think that's enough as I'd have to drop 2 players - probably Woodruff and someone else.

Another team has offered up some combination of the following:

Arenado $31 4th year AND/OR Bumgarner $43 for Benintendi AND/OR Nola

Thoughts from the RJ crowd on either offer?

Comment

Not sure why you would do that with Benintendi outperforming Arenado and Nola outperforming Bumgarner. Plus, you’d be giving up two incredible keepers for two non-keepers. Easy pass.

And Cishek adds very little. Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              I've tried getting Vlad but that's a nonstarter. He's offered up Cishek $5 with Weaver/Lynn, but I don't think that's enough as I'd have to drop 2 players - probably Woodruff and someone else.
              I kind of figured Vlad would be off the table.

I would point out that you are quite content to have Lynn on his team and that a $16 Weaver has no value to you this year (he was bad again last night). Adding Cishek to this is almost an insult. He needs to know you are miles away and adding more crap to the crap pile is not going to sway you.

Comment

Another team has offered up some combination of the following:

Arenado $31 4th year AND/OR Bumgarner $43 for Benintendi AND/OR Nola

Thoughts from the RJ crowd on either offer?
                Sure the combo is Arenado and Bumgarner for Benintendi and Beeks.

Comment

I have to agree with the consensus. These are just bad offers. While Jansen's value is reduced because of the format, it is not negative, which is more than I can say about what he is offering you. The other deal just seems to be giving up a keeper in an even swap.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I have to agree with the consensus. These are just bad offers. While Jansen's value is reduced because of the format, it is not negative, which is more than I can say about what he is offering you. The other deal just seems to be giving up a keeper in an even swap.
                    What cb said...some days you just have to back away from the keyboard no matter how high the fever to make a deal is. None of these deals help you much in the short term, and they'll hurt a lot in the long term.

Despite a really slow start, Benintendi is on pace for 25/25/.300, and he's only in his 2nd year. Don't make that deal and not get a title out of it...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

He's offered up Brendan Rodgers $10 for Jansen. I'm not convinced Rodgers is going to be that great, especially with Hampson possibly being ahead of him on the depth chart. However Rodgers might be easier to flip for a SP. Thoughts from the RJ crowd?

Comment

He's offered up Brendan Rodgers $10 for Jansen. I'm not convinced Rodgers is going to be that great, especially with Hampson possibly being ahead of him on the depth chart. However Rodgers might be easier to flip for a SP. Thoughts from the RJ crowd?
                        Rodgers is an elite prospect, I would think you could flip him for good value in most leagues. without knowing much about your league it is hard to say, but in General I think that is a good deal for u and should give u a good chance at another deal
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                        X