AL Trade Possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Trade Possibility

I’m in rebuild mode in our AL 5x5 keeper league.

Was approached with the following trade.

Give: Chris Sale $35 year 2; Giancarlo Stanton $42 year 1.
    Get:Alex Bregman $18 (contract through 2020)

Thoughts? I kept Sale this year and could do so again. Stanton isn’t a keeper and can’t easily be moved in our league. So I jump in this or hold out for better? Thanks

I'd decline. I'm not confident that Sale isn't $17 more valuable than Bregman. So adding in Stanton makes it lopsided for me.

I'm curious why you would say that Stanton can't easily be moved?

Comment

I agree. Is Bregman even having a $20 season thus far? I don't see him as that great of a keeper at that price. I think there must be better options than him if you are looking to trade 2 elite players.
      I dont event think if I was dumping I would trade Stanton for Bregman straight up.

Comment

Wow. Interesting. Thanks. Ken our league has a trade cap instead of a salary cap. So we can only add $35 in salary during the season. And you can’t whittle that down by trading away salary. So a guy like Stanton is very tough to love at $43.

Will wait it out. I was able to acquire Merrifield $8 and Didi $13, so have a good start so far.

FWIW, the Bregman owner was already offered Archer $30 and Bogaerts $29 for Bregman. So that’s what the market is like. Can’t trade/acquire minor leaguers until called up. And guys like Gleyber Torres I’m told are untouchable.

Comment

BTW Gallo $2 year 2 is available. But I’m not a huge fan. And his guy wants Sale plus Stanton too.

Comment

Working...
          X