Please rank these middle relievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please rank these middle relievers

NL only-looking both long and short term-closing potential paramount.

Steckenrider, E. Ramos, Neris, E. Santana, Gsellman
    Last edited by FBP; 06-02-2018, 11:45 AM.

I'm dealing with a lot of the same guys. I don't think any are the imminent closers, but this is how I see them:

Santana - him pitching the 9th of a near-save chance might make him the option if Vazquez is hurt/keeps sucking
    Ramos - Neris just keeps on sucking so I'm not sure he'll get trust back anytime soon. Dominguez has been lights out but the league has tape on him now and rookies rarely get saves.
    Steckenrider - with how bad Barraclough was last year it's not crazy to think he could falter and hand things over to Steck
    Gsellman - I don't think there's much chance he usurps Familia but he could get the odd save
    Neris - he's just a mess right now. The high walk and HR rates will make it hard to trust him anytime soon.

Comment

Agree with Overkill's assessments.

For me, best short term saves potential is Gsellman. Familia is being used in some strange ways and Callaway is definitely a wild card manager. Long term I would say Steckenreider, big arm and Barraclough is not insurmountable and many changes are certainly possible for the Fish going forward.

Comment

Working...
      X