Rhys Hoskins Fractured Jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhys Hoskins Fractured Jaw

Reports say likely headed to the DL. I thought that was a foregone conclusion. Any thoughts on a recovery timeline? I cant remember any previous players fracturing their jaw.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Craig Counsell had his jaw broken by CJ Nitkowski in the late '90s. He missed roughly the last two months of the season.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It depends if he needs surgery or not. If he doesn't, maybe a minimum stay? If he does, 4-to-6 weeks?

Comment

Traded him just in time.

Comment

He's rapidly having a bust year.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            He's rapidly having a bust year.
            Expectations for him seemed exceedingly high coming into this year. The idea that he, or almost anyone, could duplicate what he did at the end of last year over a full season was always a stretch to me. I am a bit more surprised by the fall back of fellow wunderkind Bellinger, who had a better pedigree, and put up amazing results over a longer period. But even there, it was a lot to ask for a repeat.

Comment

No surgery, no wires, should return at or just after, the 10 day DL. Hairline crack is all the damage.
              And, don't write him off. He is why pitchers pitch carefully to the guy ahead of him and his eye is terrific, walking a lot. In fact, they might want to sit him down and tell him, strike out if you must, but put the ball in play. He has a gorgeous stroke, quick to the ball, no loop, no extraneous movement. A very heady, coachable guy.
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Expectations for him seemed exceedingly high coming into this year. The idea that he, or almost anyone, could duplicate what he did at the end of last year over a full season was always a stretch to me. I am a bit more surprised by the fall back of fellow wunderkind Bellinger, who had a better pedigree, and put up amazing results over a longer period. But even there, it was a lot to ask for a repeat.
                guy in my league had farmhands Bellinger AND Hoskins come up last year. couldn't save that bad team, but 5-S1 contracts this year. if you pay 30 for Darvish and 21 for RHill, though, as he did, you have more than wiped your edge, alas.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Now we get to see if, in limited action, Dylan Cozens can keep his K rate under 50%
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                  X