Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big nl baseball trade - need input

I have just been offered this.

I get Andrew McCutchen, Clayton Kershaw, Nolan Arenado Matt Kemp.

I give Luiz Gohara $10 yr 1, Manuel Margot $6 yr 2. Ian Happ $4 yr 2, Rhys Hoskins $12 yr 2.

I'm in 3rd place 5-6 points behind. Last place in BA but I could easily pick-up 5-6 points in BA alone. This is alot to give up as far as keepers goes but this deal could be a great push to get to 1st. One concern is Kershaw health. Sounds like he should be back in June.

Thoughts?

Are you allowed to extend contracts? How long are the original contracts? What size league?

Assuming no extensions I think it's a worthwhile trade. Even without, Hoskins is expensive enough where an extension wouldn't be a slam dunk and Margot/Happ aren't proving to be extension-worthy at this point either.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Are you allowed to extend contracts? How long are the original contracts? What size league?

Assuming no extensions I think it's a worthwhile trade. Even without, Hoskins is expensive enough where an extension wouldn't be a slam dunk and Margot/Happ aren't proving to be extension-worthy at this point either.
      I was at work trying to rush through this. 10 team NL only 5x5. We can extend contracts. $5 per each year you extend. Hoskins, Happ and Margot will all be in their option season next year either sign extended contract or keep for final year.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Margot/Happ aren't proving to be extension-worthy at this point either
        just noting because I hadn't realized it myself and I have him on a team already:

In 74 March/April PA, Happ hit .246/.297/.406 with 6.8% BB and 44.6% K.
        In 64 May PA coming into today, Happ hit .265/.438/.694 with 21.9% BB and 34.4% K.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          just noting because I hadn't realized it myself and I have him on a team already:

In 64 May PA coming into today, Happ hit .265/.438/.694 with 21.9% BB and 34.4% K.

Take McCutchen out and keep haap

I would prefer that deal

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I have just been offered this.

I get Andrew McCutchen, Clayton Kershaw, Nolan Arenado Matt Kemp.

I give Luiz Gohara $10 yr 1, Manuel Margot $6 yr 2. Ian Happ $4 yr 2, Rhys Hoskins $12 yr 2.

I'm in 3rd place 5-6 points behind. Last place in BA but I could easily pick-up 5-6 points in BA alone. This is alot to give up as far as keepers goes but this deal could be a great push to get to 1st. One concern is Kershaw health. Sounds like he should be back in June.

Thoughts?
            I would make this trade in heart beat.

Gives you a real chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
              Take McCutchen out and keep haap

I would prefer that deal
              Doubtful the trade partner would agree. Taking out the least of the good players and one of the best of the keepers makes the deal too lopsided.

Comment

I would do it, but obviously that's how I roll

I would need a good Kershaw start first, though (he may pitch for Dodgers on Thurs)

also look at "how much Kershaw" you need to get you max pitching pts gain
                big difference if 100 Kershaw-like IP - or 130 pretty good IP get you there, vs if you need the full Monty to really exploit acquiring him

different levels of risk there

also, can you get a sweetener that doesn't matter to him? for instance, he gives a decent C worth $5 for your -$2 C
                no reason for him to resist deal for that modest flip
                Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-27-2018, 10:13 PM.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I don't really like 'Cutch, but I do think that he can help you, so yeah, to me it really hinges on if you can win it all...if you can, these guys will help you a lot more than the ones that you'd trade off.

BTW, do you still get the stats if Kemp get traded to the NL? Because to me that's a major consideration...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

I'm happy with Happ this year

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I don't really like 'Cutch, but I do think that he can help you, so yeah, to me it really hinges on if you can win it all...if you can, these guys will help you a lot more than the ones that you'd trade off.

BTW, do you still get the stats if Kemp get traded to the NL? Because to me that's a major consideration...
                      I can keep him for the rest of season if he gets traded to the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        Doubtful the trade partner would agree. Taking out the least of the good players and one of the best of the keepers makes the deal too lopsided.
                        Guarantee if I take Happ out then owner likely will not deal the remaining pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Guarantee if I take Happ out then owner likely will not deal the remaining pieces.
                          Without a doubt.

Comment

If you think it may well put you over the top - or just in position to win - I would do it. It’s a risk, certainly, but Kershaw and Arenado? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              If you think it may well put you over the top - or just in position to win - I would do it. It’s a risk, certainly, but Kershaw and Arenado? Wow.
                              It a done deal. Just waiting for the Commish to hit the approval button.

Comment

Working...
                              X