Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is King Felix dropable, both redraft and dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is King Felix dropable, both redraft and dynasty?

Looking more and more like the best he can be is a middling SP. The fastball is gone and the change up throws at 86 mph, which isn't going to fool anyone when the fastball is at 90 mph. Over 2500 innings on his arm even though he isn't that old (32). I think those looking for an Verlanderish type of rebound are living in fairyland, me included. Should I drop him for a SP prospect at some point? I can't right now because I need 9 pitchers that are already in MLB, but he's getting harder to keep. I could drop him for someone like Ross Stripling or Jhoulys Chacin, if not for a prospect. I'm sure there is someone on the waiver wire that can help my team this year more than a low ceiling / low floor has been. All he is at this point is name recognition. Thoughts?

Yep. All of his pitches are down 3 mph from just 3 years ago to barely MLB capable speeds. His arm is toast. The King is dead, long live the King!

Comment

FIP of 4.63, 5.02, 5.08 the last 3 seasons. Sadly it looks like he is done.

Comment

I never thought he'd have a Verlander-esque recovery, but did think there was hope for a Sabathia-like floor. But revo hit the nail on the head, I'm afraid - his arm just appears like it's totally done.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X