Welington Castillo: 80-game suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welington Castillo: 80-game suspension

White Sox catcher Welington Castillo has been suspended 80 games for violating the league's joint drug agreement, Major League Baseball announced Thursday.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

When will they learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      When will they learn?
      When they stop getting paid.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        When they stop getting paid.
        To be fair, he's not getting paid during his suspension... so that's already in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          To be fair, he's not getting paid during his suspension... so that's already in place.
          Exactly. And i'm sure that's when he will learn. After losing 80 games worth of salary, most players don't want to raise the stakes up to 162 games by failing another drug test. Especially if they have a lot of guaranteed money left on their contract.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This is the first time I read a ped statement which contained the following:

...The positive test resulted from an extremely poor decision that I, and I alone, made. I take full responsibility for my conduct...

Doesn't make what he did better but at least he didn't treat the public, his team mates and the sport like complete idiots (are you listening rob cano???).

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              This is the first time I read a ped statement which contained the following:

...The positive test resulted from an extremely poor decision that I, and I alone, made. I take full responsibility for my conduct...

Doesn't make what he did better but at least he didn't treat the public, his team mates and the sport like complete idiots (are you listening rob cano???).
              I appreciate this a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X