Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team just too average across the board: Make moves or ride it out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team just too average across the board: Make moves or ride it out?

I need to see the Bullpen Doctors for a checkup

12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories). Mired in 5th/6th the whole way so far, great in power, AVG/OBP sucking, SB good, saves, WHIP, ERA above average, W, K, QS not last place but only meh.

TEAM:

C- Barnhart, good AVG for C, not bad considering dearth of C options. Possible replacement: Zunino probably only other decent option but we need AVG more than HR.

1B- Hoskins AVG sucking wind, OBP still nice, power blows. Getting torched on BABIP so he should be fine, ride it out?

2B- Peraza streaky, just have to ride it out.

SS- Story surprising steals, been great aside from AVG but that was never strong suit.

3B- Arenado Power down, other stats fine.

MI- Descalso decent fill-in, multi-position, has helped overall but sporadic production. Possible replacements: Goodrum, M.Rojas, Y/Sanchez.

CI- Hosmer Pretty average across the board aside from decent OBP and handful of SB.

OF-JD Martinez stud of studs; Blackmon AVG brutal for him; Inciarte great SB, AVG up and down, he's a hold; B.Hamilton terrible across the board, damn near droppable if not for the SB ceiling. Possible replacements: T.O'Neill, Choo, Almora, Parra, Kepler.

UTIL-Aguilar nice surprise. Possible replacement: Healy.

BENCH: Vlad Jr., J. Soto....just counting the seconds for Vlad Jr. Soto has been a nice flash of excitement, but might try to trade.

SP: Cole, Newcomb, Darvish, F.Romero, T.Cahill, Hellickson...solid if unspectacular outside of Cole. Hellickson/Cahill have been nice. Darvish coming around?

RP: Morrow, Strickland, Norris, J.Hughes ...second in saves, nice WHIP/ERA

DL: Britton, Thames

Thoughts? I have to think my team AVG will rise when Blackmon/Hoskins/Hosmer pick it up a little but don't want to fall so far out...
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

In a 12-team mixed, I don't see Hamilton with much value (especially with the extra ratio category). Can you trade him, perhaps for a MI?

I'd pick up Zunino for Barnhart.

I'd start Soto over Hamilton.

Your starting pitching seems weak for a 12-teamer. The regression Faeries will be coming for Newcomb, Hellickson & Cahill soon....time to move them while the gettin's still good. Darvish is a disaster, and I'm sure his trade value is at an all-time low.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      In a 12-team mixed, I don't see Hamilton with much value (especially with the extra ratio category). Can you trade him, perhaps for a MI?

I'd pick up Zunino for Barnhart.

I'd start Soto over Hamilton.

Your starting pitching seems weak for a 12-teamer. The regression Faeries will be coming for Newcomb, Hellickson & Cahill soon....time to move them while the gettin's still good. Darvish is a disaster, and I'm sure his trade value is at an all-time low.
      Thanks...yeah we waited on pitching a bit and it hurt us, been trying to fill those holes all year. Trying to trade Hamilton. And a Yan Gomes also a potential Barnhart replacement. He’s got same power potential as Zunino with higher avg and OBP right now.

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      UTIL- Benintendi
      IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        Thanks...yeah we waited on pitching a bit and it hurt us, been trying to fill those holes all year. Trying to trade Hamilton. And a Yan Gomes also a potential Barnhart replacement. He’s got same power potential as Zunino with higher avg and OBP right now.
        Zunino will hurt (maybe badly) in BA, but should be a plus in OBP and HRs. I like him considerably better than those two.

If you can trade Hamilton for an arm, it would make sense.

Comment

I agree with revo on both moves. In addition, I'd go get Yolmer Sanchez. I believe in him more than Descalso, and he still gives you 2B and 3B flexibility.

Also agree with revo that a package of one of your regression likely pitchers - Cahill would be my choice - with Hamilton to a team starved for steals might give you a good opportunity to upgrade at SP.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I agree with revo on both moves. In addition, I'd go get Yolmer Sanchez. I believe in him more than Descalso, and he still gives you 2B and 3B flexibility.

Also agree with revo that a package of one of your regression likely pitchers - Cahill would be my choice - with Hamilton to a team starved for steals might give you a good opportunity to upgrade at SP.

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            UTIL- Benintendi