RIP Harmon Killebrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Harmon Killebrew

The Twins are reporting that Killebrew past away today. The man was a gentle giant and great ambassador of the game. My dad and I use to go to a lot of baseball card shows. Going through the line to get Harmon's autograph with my dad was the opportunity to take my dad to see one of his heroes.

RIP Killer

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/122004519.html
    Last edited by In the Corn; 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Definitely one of the most feared hitters in MLB in the Sixties and early Seventies. I always liked him because he looked like just another guy who would hang out at the corner bar. Damn, could he hit the ball hard and far!

A true gentleman and great ambassador for the game.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Working...
    X