Schoop..rhymes with poop..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Come on Ken. Try and argue with me about how utterly terrible this clown has been.
    Well on the positive side, he has a career low HR/FB% of 9.8% (vs a career 15.4%), so the HRs are down more than the theoretically should be.

That said, he isn't hitting the ball hard - hard hit rate down 8% vs his career and 14% vs last year.

.272 BABIP isn't far from his norm, so he's not getting terribly unlucky, he's just not hitting the ball hard enough.

I suspect it's primarily related to health, and the oblique injury might tell the story here. If he can get healthy I would expect to see some improvement.

He's been terrible so far, but I'd actually recommend a buy low at some point if you can get him on the cheap. At 26 years old he certainly has some good years ahead as well if this is just an injury downswing.

Hows that?

Comment

He's horrible, but we have to stop from popping this thread up just because of its clearly incorrect title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Well on the positive side, he has a career low HR/FB% of 9.8% (vs a career 15.4%), so the HRs are down more than the theoretically should be.

That said, he isn't hitting the ball hard - hard hit rate down 8% vs his career and 14% vs last year.

.272 BABIP isn't far from his norm, so he's not getting terribly unlucky, he's just not hitting the ball hard enough.

I suspect it's primarily related to health, and the oblique injury might tell the story here. If he can get healthy I would expect to see some improvement.

He's been terrible so far, but I'd actually recommend a buy low at some point if you can get him on the cheap. At 26 years old he certainly has some good years ahead as well if this is just an injury downswing.

Hows that?
        Good stuff!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          He's horrible, but we have to stop from popping this thread up just because of its clearly incorrect title.
          Then its just not funny!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            We're the same bunch that turned a thread called "Moonlight J, clear out your PMs" into hundreds of pages of whatever, so nothing stops us from popping up anything.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Boom!

Comment

Jesus h christ he sucks

Comment

He still sucks.

Comment

He still sucks.
                    Yes, yes he does. He's in the bottom five in OPS among regular or near-regular players. Woof.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Yes, yes he does. He's in the bottom five in OPS among regular or near-regular players. Woof.
                      Anyone know what happened? How does a player go from really really good to this bad?

Comment

Anyone know what happened? How does a player go from really really good to this bad?
                        Maybe it gets in their heads and pressing/trying harder makes it worse?

Comment

Some is bad luck...which I knew you'd love that answer. Seriously, his BABIP was .330ish last year, which is a touch high, and has cratered this year to .225ish. His walk and K rates are essentially the same as last year.

Just on limited eye check, I think he's also playing hurt.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Some is bad luck...which I knew you'd love that answer. Seriously, his BABIP was .330ish last year, which is a touch high, and has cratered this year to .225ish. His walk and K rates are essentially the same as last year.

Just on limited eye check, I think he's also playing hurt.
                            His hard hit % is down to a career low and his soft hit % is at a career high. Line drives have turned into fly balls.

So while the BABIP will come back up some, I think the 2nd half of your analysis was just as relevant. If/When he gets fully healthy he'll likely be hitting the ball hard again, the BABIP will come back up and we'll see the guy we expected.

Comment

Working...
                            X