RJ Mock League Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Mock League Chatter

I was going to start a thread about the trade I made with mith but I figured it would be fun to have a general thread for the mock draft-turned-league.

I noticed that I was strong in power and falling behind the pack in W/K. A reinforcement is coming in Ervin but I can't wait forever. Most of the league is starting 6 SP and I've only had 4 some weeks.

Abreu for Nola felt like a slight overpay but I didn't see a 2-for-2 that made sense.
    Abreu/Roark for Nola/Candelario was one I considered, but I didn't think I'd gain enough if I gave up Roark. I decided to leave my pitching intact and add an arm.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

My strategy of going SP heavy in the early rounds of the draft has paid off quite well so far. I think it is a fair deal and helps both teams where they need help.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Lots of mediocrity in my infield (Cozart, Forsythe, Chris Taylor, Orlando Arcia, Neil Walker) and oh my, my OF5 and UT slots are bad. Judge and Votto are carrying my "offense" but I really need to find a way to upgrade the CarGo/Jacoby Jones/Michael Taylor slots.

Pitching has been carrying me with Corbin, Bauer, Berrios. My "ace" Darvish hasn't helped. Garrett Richards and Skaggs too. Even Wacha has been OK. Lucking into Kela as a 2nd closer has helped a lot. If someone wants to trade a bat for one of my SPs, I'd definitely listen.

Comment

The positives - Mookie Betts, Mookie Betts & Mookie Betts. Sean Manaea, Rick Porcello & Shoehei Ohtani have all done remarkably well.

The negatives -- Alex Claudio lost his job before the season and I've been stuck with a single closer since. Madison Bumgarner broke his hand. Keon Broxton is still in the minors. Nick Williams has been dog poop.

Comment

no positives except my pickup of Nick Pivetta. Alot of DL and underperformers.....Goldy, Nelson Cruz. No one is close to this stinking pile of poo.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

6th in hitting, 13th in pitching says it all for my team
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

triple ehhs may be hard to catch, they look really strong. just lost Kershaw and reyes this week. they join pollock and Dejong on my dl. it is a long season, so still some hope.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Anyone need a decent SP? I have 2 decent ones on my bench this week, whoever it ends up being. My outfield still sucks.

Comment

Creeping up the standings....
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by mithrandir View Post
                    creeping up the standings....
                    Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

Comment

This was a fun league, guys! I didn't like my draft spot and even looking at my team out of the draft it doesn't stand out as a contender to me.

Jose Ramirez was a monster and Klubot was Klubot. The tandem of Davis/Greene gave me good value. I love Marte. Gleyber came up early and delivered. Kemp was solid and Span gave me steady production as a late round flyer. And trading Abreu for Nola was key as I had a surplus of power.

Comment

CONGRATS to the Triple Ehs!

Yes, that was fun. I feel like 2nd place was a moral victory, since the Ehs outclassed the league by so great a distance for the entire season. We were all playing for 2nd.

Really, I was only interested in defying the "expert projections". lol
                        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

yep, congrats to the steamrolling Ehs!
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Drafting 3 SP's in first 4 rounds really paid off as I finished in 3rd. Scherzer, Verlander and Nola.

Is this a strategy to employ in future drafts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Drafting 3 SP's in first 4 rounds really paid off as I finished in 3rd. Scherzer, Verlander and Nola.

Is this a strategy to employ in future drafts?
                              If you could nail 3 pitchers like that, sure! But what if it was Bumgarner, Ray & Keuchel (3 pitchers that also went in the Top 3 rds)?

Comment

Working...
                              X