MI waiver add: Camargo or Goodrum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI waiver add: Camargo or Goodrum?

Goodrum has been better and played more overall, topping Camargo in all categories except OBP, showing surprising speed (5 SB), and he has 1B/2B/3B/OF eligibility, which helps...but his playing time is spotty even with Miggy/Candelario still out. His plate discipline is shit (27 K/8BB). 88 ABs thus far.

Camargo, OTOH, has sucked wind in AVG, very good OBP (.372) and now has a clear path to at-bats with Bautista gone, and could be the better full-season play. And has shown great patience (13 BB/14K). 65 Abs so far, but that'll likely increase more than Goodrum.

Mostly need AVG, OBP, R from this MI spot.

Thoughts between the two ROS?

Thanks!
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

There's also this:

Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos isn't ready to provide a timetable for when prospect third baseman Austin Riley will make his way to the majors.

Johan Camargo will serve as the regular third baseman now that the Jose Bautista experiment has come to a close, but he could end up being a stopgap until Riley is ready to take over. The 21-year-old Riley mashed to the tune of a .333/.394/.667 batting line with six homers over 27 games prior to a recent promotion to Triple-A. He's batting .308/.362/.500 with three homers over 13 game with Gwinnett. "Obviously, we're high on [Riley] and excited about him," said Anthopoulos. "He'll tell us when he's ready. If he performs and gets hot, that's a good problem to have. You can never have too many good players. If Austin can show us he's ready, we'd love to be in that spot where we have a tough decision to make." It's conceivable that Riley could force the issue later this season.

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

I think if you care about OBP, Camargo has to be the guy. I think his AVG will come up and he's got a good eye. He's not hopeless in counting stats, if nothing else because the Braves can hit. Niko might get a couple more runs but the Tigers offense is so bad that I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

I agree with JC. In not too long, Goodrum becomes a super-utility guy again. He's probably earned some more PT, but it'll still be spotty. Only reason I'd choose Goodrum longer term would be for SBs.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks, guys...that's where I was leaning.

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

FWIW, Camargo's xBA is .267 per Baseball Savant, and his xwOBA is .375. He's been a bit unlucky so far.

Comment

And now there's a rumor that the Braves are "definitely" going to trade for Moustakas. But even so I think Camargo would find ABs as a utility guy.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                And now there's a rumor that the Braves are "definitely" going to trade for Moustakas. But even so I think Camargo would find ABs as a utility guy.
                Any chance Camargo would be going to KC in a Moustakas trade?

Comment

Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                  Any chance Camargo would be going to KC in a Moustakas trade?
                  pretty low chance of that in my opinion....KC would be getting a third-tier prospect or something like that for the expiring player, and Braves covet camargo as a sort of super utility - but all speculative of course.

Comment

OR....Willy Adames over both of these guys: I don't think Rays are bringing him up to sit, yeah? Joey Wendle is only on paternity leave, but he's not a huge roadblock.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Where did you see this? It makes sense as a possibility, but I am usually up on Braves stuff, and I have never heard this.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        Where did you see this? It makes sense as a possibility, but I am usually up on Braves stuff, and I have never heard this.
                        Get with the program! It's just bored ink stained wretch musing...

Nick Cafardo may have stoked those rumors over the weekend, by writing that Moustakas could be targeted by the Braves.

“There’s a growing feeling among talent evaluators that Moustakas could become a Braves target....GM Alex Anthopoulos isn’t known to sit still.”

Moose, of course, is off to a fantastic start, hitting .294/.333/.528 with 10 home runs in 46 games. He would be very cheap for the Braves, having signed a contract that will pay him no more than $8.7 million this year with a $1 million buyout on his mutual option for next year. The Braves find themselves in contention at 28-17, and a player like Moose could be the kind of leader and big bat that helps them complete their rebuild into the post-season.

The Braves have a very deep farm system, ranked the best in baseball by ESPN’s Keith Law. Could the Royals raid it a bit to give them them Moose?
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Oh, geez, that's it? That's just filling a page for an article. Yes, it is an obvious fit unless Riley goes nuts and forces the issue.

Comment

Goodrum with another hr today.

Comment

Working...
                            X