Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Soto Gets the Call

To be called up tomorrow

Wow, much sooner than I'd have thought, even though he is making his fellow minor leaguers look like little leaguers.

Comment

Kendrick the latest DL casualty, who can play LF
      Nats are almost out of options
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Read a stat somewhere—a tweet, sorry can't remember the source—that he has 518 minor league ABs, Bryce Harper had 536. So this isn’t strange territory for the Nats.
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

I think I’m going to be sick. This offseason I acquired Acuna. And to do so I gave up Albies, Felipe Rivero-Vazquez, and Soto. Everyone said do it, but it’s really looking foolish right now!

Comment

I traded away Acuna, Albies AND Rivero/Vazquez (and Buehler) last year
            current 1st place team owns Acuna, Albies, Buehler. I am in 2nd place
            #flagsflyforever
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I feel that Joe Diffie Third Rock From The Sun explains everything here. Eaton injury leads to Robles who gets hurt to Goodwin who goes down to Eaton playing LF. Zimmerman going down leads to Adams and Reynolds. Murphy leads to Hendricks and Difo playing and with Hendricks getting hurt Soto getting called. My head hurts this morning. Now I have to figure out how long Soto will be up and should I activate him. Damn third rock from the sun.
              Cause and effect, chain of events,
              All of the chaos makes perfect sense,
              When we're spinnin' round,
              Things come undone.
              Welcome to the earth, third rock from the sun.

Seriously with

Comment

Nationals top outfield prospect Juan Soto will be promoted by the team Sunday, a source tells MASN Sports' Byron Kerr.

Howie Kendrick suffered an Achilles injury in Saturday's game, and with the Nats already ailing the team is making a big move in promoting one of the best players in the minors. That player, Soto, is just 19 years old and won't turn 20 until late October, but the outfielder is hitting a ridiculous .362/.462/.757 with 14 homers, 52 RBI and 33 runs scored across three minor league levels. The team isn't burning his redshirt to have him sit on the sidelines, so grab Soto where available and hope that he finds the major league level as easy as he's found every other level of professional baseball thus far.

Comment

My next question is whether Soto will get 130 AB this season. If he does then I have to activate him or lose him. I can't imagine that they will call him up to sit on the bench. Eaton is out for at least 6 weeks, Goodwin last I heard was shut down and is now able swing a bat so no idea how much longer he will be. Adams was playing some in LF and with Zimmerman out and again not sure when he'll be back. Robles is out this is suppose to be for some months. I do have an option where I can activate him and if he looks like he won't get to 130 AB then I can place the player back on the Farm roster but I still lose a year of of contract. Thoughts?

Comment

Is he rosterable in a 12 teamer mixed?

My utility players are Jose Martinez and Kyle Seager for example

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      My next question is whether Soto will get 130 AB this season. If he does then I have to activate him or lose him. I can't imagine that they will call him up to sit on the bench. Eaton is out for at least 6 weeks, Goodwin last I heard was shut down and is now able swing a bat so no idea how much longer he will be. Adams was playing some in LF and with Zimmerman out and again not sure when he'll be back. Robles is out this is suppose to be for some months. I do have an option where I can activate him and if he looks like he won't get to 130 AB then I can place the player back on the Farm roster but I still lose a year of of contract. Thoughts?
                      Best get ready to activate him, IMO. The Nats sure are not burning up a year of arb time to have him sit much.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Best get ready to activate him, IMO. The Nats sure are not burning up a year of arb time to have him sit much.
                        Yeah, but as was said before, the Nats don't have many options. They have an inordinate amount of injuries and not a ton of depth left. If he struggles at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go right back down the first time someone is ready to come back. They were undoubtedly expecting to give him some ABs this year anyway, even if only to see how he adjusts, and they might as well give them to him now when they really need him.

Of course, I could also see him flourishing and staying up the rest of the year.

If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be up for a few weeks, have some flashes of brilliance, and then go back down. Then, later in the season, he'll be back and stay longer. When everyone is healthy, there is no room for him.

Comment

Looks like Adams is starting in LF today.

Comment

“The Nats aren’t burning his service time to have him sit on the bench oh wait yes they are he’s sitting today dammit dammit dammit!”
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                              “The Nats aren’t burning his service time to have him sit on the bench oh wait yes they are he’s sitting today dammit dammit dammit!”
                              Perhaps they just want him to get his bearings and get a feel for the moment before starting him?

Comment

Working...
                              X