No announcement yet.

Peraza for Fowler/A. Rosario/C. Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peraza for Fowler/A. Rosario/C. Kelly?

11-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Currently sitting in 4th place, patiently waiting for Justin Turner and Jimmy Nelson to hopefully give me a boost. An owner came at me with the following offer:

My Jose Peraza ($15/1 year left on contract)

For his Dexter Fowler ($25/2), Amed Rosario ($5/1), and Carson Kelly ($5/2)

In March this would've been a no-brainer but Fowler, Rosario, and Kelly have been positively awful. To make room for the extra players I would be DLing Jason Heyward and releasing Andrew Stevenson so adding two full-time bats is always nice in a format this deep. Once Heyward and Turner are activated I would be left with a roster crunch though, having to probably release Kelly unless I can find a trade partner. Right now I'm 4th in steals - but only 4 behind 2nd place - thanks to Pollock, Peraza, Kingery, and Margot so losing Peraza could set me back in that category. I guess the question becomes whether the hopeful turnarounds from Fowler and Rosario would make up for that deficit.

Thoughts?

Oh hell yes...run, do it right now. Peraza is hot right now, but it's likely a mirage. Fowler isn't going to hit under .200 all year, and Kelly has regular AB's for a good month. Not to mention Rosario has a speed aspect to his game that we simply haven't seen yet.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am making that deal. I expect Fowler to rebound. Rosario can only get better and despite Peraza hitting well lately, he doesnt run much and doesnt walk ever. He also could lose his job to Senzel at some point
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I am making that deal. I expect Fowler to rebound. Rosario can only get better and despite Peraza hitting well lately, he doesnt run much and doesnt walk ever. He also could lose his job to Senzel at some point
        Yes, this.

Rosario will get better. And Senzel will get a crack at a spot this year and it will be at the expense of some CIN guy with regular ABs now. Make the deal.

Comment

I’ll give it a 4th yes, good deal for you

Comment

Hmmmm.....seems like a no-brainer, but I'll play devil's advocate and pass. It's a great offer, but:

1) Peraza is still a 20-30 SB guy and he's consistently proven that
            2) everyone expects Senzel to take his job, but fantasy players have been known to jump the gun a bit
            3) Rosario now has 275 ABs under his belt and has been remarkably consistent -- consistently bad. His career OPS+ sits at 71. And his speed is just not there yet.
            4) Kelly won't help you

I do expect Fowler to rebound, but if Rosario does not, then where does that leave you? Looking for another SS? Sounds like this guy is willing to overpay because shortstops are hard to find, and you may need to do the same if Rosario continues to bumble along.

Comment

He's in a bit of a roster crunch since he needs to activate Kelly or lose him and he has Mac Williamson coming back soon which is why Fowler is expendable.

When he first proposed it I was inclined to immediately accept but that was before I realized how bad Fowler and Rosario have been. I realize they should both improve at least a little bit but to what extent? Rosario has been positively awful as a major leaguer and his minor league career is rather spotty. With Fowler I'd be getting a guy with modest power who doesn't run that much anymore and is on the wrong side of 30. Theoretically he will be an OBP boost going forward, but he's also an injury risk and is having a baby soon (sometimes this matters).

I guess the real clincher is what you think of Peraza. His lack of walks is always going to be a concern, but he's consistently hitting 1st or 2nd, is up to 6 SB without being caught, and the Senzel thing is way overblown. Senzel still hasn't played a single game at SS in the minors and is on the DL right now with vertigo. The Reds really want to know if Peraza will be their SS of the future, especially since he was the centerpiece of the Todd Frazier deal, so I'm guessing the Reds would rather trade Scooter than bench Peraza.

Comment

I'd still do it. If nothing else you can flip Rosario to a dumping team. I don't think Fowler will be great but especially in OBP, he'll be usable.

Comment

Revo's point about Peraza being a pretty much proven 20-30 SB player is important here. Rosario isn't showing major wheels yet, so you could end up giving up 10-15 SBs in this deal by the end of the year. If that's not a killer issue in terms of your league's points in the SB category, I'd do this deal.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

And now with Tyler O’Neill hitting, Fowler is losing playing time.

Comment

Warm bodies dont make good trades and thats what you are getting at best. I am a Fowler owner and I am VERY worried that he is quickly falling out of favor in STL. He hasnt played in 2 of the last 3 games, O'Neill has come up and hit and even Bader is playing better than Fowler. He is in danger of getting DFA'ed I think. Add that to the uselessness of Rosario...and there is a reason it is a 3-for-1.

People may want to hate on Peraza but he has come around lately after a poor April, he is a fixture at the top of the order for Cincy since the managerial change (in contrast to Fowler and Rosario who bat 6th or worse), and as other have pointed out, you are going to be 15 SB short when it is all said and done with this deal.

Totally not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Warm bodies dont make good trades and thats what you are getting at best. I am a Fowler owner and I am VERY worried that he is quickly falling out of favor in STL. He hasnt played in 2 of the last 3 games, O'Neill has come up and hit and even Bader is playing better than Fowler. He is in danger of getting DFA'ed I think. Add that to the uselessness of Rosario...and there is a reason it is a 3-for-1.

People may want to hate on Peraza but he has come around lately after a poor April, he is a fixture at the top of the order for Cincy since the managerial change (in contrast to Fowler and Rosario who bat 6th or worse), and as other have pointed out, you are going to be 15 SB short when it is all said and done with this deal.

Totally not worth it.
                        They can't cut Fowler, he's making 14.5 million a year through 2021...no team is going to eat that deal. He'll get right, eventually.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Before I even had a chance to make a final decision on the trade that owner had already given up the same package to get DJ Lemahieu (whoops). It would have been poor timing for my team in the stolen base department since AJ Pollock went down just a couple days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            They can't cut Fowler, he's making 14.5 million a year through 2021...no team is going to eat that deal. He'll get right, eventually.
                            Wow, that's one horrendous deal.

Looking at some of the deals handed out a year or two ago, there's just no way they would get done in today's environment. This is one of them.

Comment

Nowadays = no, back then = yes

Comment

Working...
                              X