ROS - Alan Hanson, 2b, SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROS - Alan Hanson, 2b, SF

Panik is supposed to be out until June 11th..

thoughts?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

He also plays OF, so particularly if the Giants don't look to be in contention, you'd think that if he's showing well they'll find/create a spot for him to get regular ABs going forward, perhaps by trading Cutch or Austin Jackson or benching/trading Pence.

Comment

post hype guy who is getting a chance and making the most of it. The Giants are allergic to players under 30 but Hanson has a month or so audition. I could see him being relevant for the ROS.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

there was a ton of talk this weekend about Hanson on KNBR, the giants flagship radio station. Basically they love his athleticism, and will find a spot for him when Panik comes back. Kelby Tomlinson will probably go down is the current thought
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          there was a ton of talk this weekend about Hanson on KNBR, the giants flagship radio station. Basically they love his athleticism, and will find a spot for him when Panik comes back. Kelby Tomlinson will probably go down is the current thought
          great insight. Thanks FB
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            I don't watch the Giants closely, but just watching here and there on Extra Innings, I've seen the guy make 3-4 bonehead plays already. Seems to have the baseball sense of a bag of hammers.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

im thinking about adding him in place of the currently horrific C. Owings
              I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I don't watch the Giants closely, but just watching here and there on Extra Innings, I've seen the guy make 3-4 bonehead plays already. Seems to have the baseball sense of a bag of hammers.
                the guy had years in the minors with 35 and 40 errors, he is most definitely "bat first"
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

and off to the DL goes Hanson

funny how you have to take what Rotisserie ball gives you

I have 75 HR, 2nd is 54, last is 45. so it's an 11-team scrum for 2nd, and I am crushing them all

so who did I pick up this week to replace Williamson and Hanson? boppers Mark Reynolds and the gigantic Franmil Reyes (14 HR in minors this year), by far the best chips on the board

I'll sort it out eventually!
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I need a guy who qualifies at 2B or C to replace Hanson. (Because I can shift Austin Barnes to 2B.) My options are slim, although there are regulars available at C, since we only roster one in my NL only league.

Ryan Flaherty
                    Daniel Castro
                    Jose Reyes
                    Francisco Pena
                    Tyler Flowers
                    Raffy Lopez
                    Pedro Severino
                    Sean Rodriguez

Comment

I'd guess Flowers - won't hurt you, probably

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Flowers is beeter than Barnes at catcher. I would replace Barnes and look for another 2B option.

Comment

Yeah, Flowers...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Flowers is beeter than Barnes at catcher. I would replace Barnes and look for another 2B option.
                            This is true. Maybe Castro at 2B since Lemahieu is back on the DL and could be gone a while?

Comment

Hanson started at 3B last night and is at SS today, for one-game eligibility fans (like me!) he is 2B-3B-SS-OF

.364, 5-17-14-3 in 55 AB so far
                              pace of .364, 50-170-140-30 in 550 AB

ok, he might regress a little

but still

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X