Dynasty advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty advice

I took over a bad team in a league this year. It's a dynasty, points, head-to-head, no FAAB league, all of which are new to me, and I don't know what I'm doing.

We use C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Infield, DH, 8 P.

The scoring heavily favors good SPs. A bad start is worth -5 to 5 points, a good start... 7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H+BB, 10 K, W is worth the same as 5 for 5, 5 HR, 5 R, 9 RBI. Mookie Betts and Patrick Corbin have been worth the same amount so far this year.

I basically have Arenado, Springer, Justin Turner, Bauer, Tanaka, Bundy, Gio, and some decent but not amazing prospects. One team has Gary Sanchez, Goldschmidt, Judge, Vlad Jr, Eloy, Gleyber, Kershaw, Severino, Porcello, etc. Another has Bryant, Bregman, TTurner, Betts, Trout. So I'm way behind the curve.

I think I need to sell off Arenado and whatever else has value for as many good dice rolls as I can get in order to get somewhere close to respectability.

These are the offers that I've gotten since putting my good SPs and Arenado on the block. Are any of them worth jumping on?

Schoop, Cobb, Cal Quantrill for Gio
    Kyle Lewis for Gio
    Kyle Wright, Matt Chapman, Forrest Whitley, Alex Faedo, Tyler Austin for Arenado and Bauer (that team also has Didi who I don't think I can get, Gohara, and Puk)
    Soroka, Buxton, Brinson, Bichette, Brendan Rodgers for Arenado and Bauer (that team also has Luis Castillo, Hiura, and Royce Lewis)
    Tatis Jr or Soto plus a pitcher (probably one of Walker Buehler, Flaherty, Sixto Sanchez) for Arenado
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

How many can you keep?

If you did the Schoop, Cobb, Quantrill for Gio deal who would you have to drop (or add in)?

Comment

Keep as many as you want, with some restrictions that are totally irrelevant right now. I'd be cutting completely irrelevant people; guys I don't care about include Dietrich, Ketel Marte, Straily, Neris, Treinen, Cron, Ryan Zimmerman, etc. (Relievers aren't worth much except the very top end; so far this season Cody Allen has been worth the same as Carlos Santana or Evan Longoria.)
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Dynasty means you keep your whole team

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Dynasty means you keep your whole team
          Nice

I should have asked what is the roster size as well as how many teams?

Comment

14 team, active players as described above, 12 bench (including minors), 4 DL. Current DL is Puig/Turner/Britton/Pineda.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              I took over a bad team in a league this year. It's a dynasty, points, head-to-head, no FAAB league, all of which are new to me, and I don't know what I'm doing.

We use C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Infield, DH, 8 P.

The scoring heavily favors good SPs. A bad start is worth -5 to 5 points, a good start... 7 IP, 0 ER, 4 H+BB, 10 K, W is worth the same as 5 for 5, 5 HR, 5 R, 9 RBI. Mookie Betts and Patrick Corbin have been worth the same amount so far this year.

I basically have Arenado, Springer, Justin Turner, Bauer, Tanaka, Bundy, Gio, and some decent but not amazing prospects. One team has Gary Sanchez, Goldschmidt, Judge, Vlad Jr, Eloy, Gleyber, Kershaw, Severino, Porcello, etc. Another has Bryant, Bregman, TTurner, Betts, Trout. So I'm way behind the curve.

I think I need to sell off Arenado and whatever else has value for as many good dice rolls as I can get in order to get somewhere close to respectability.

These are the offers that I've gotten since putting my good SPs and Arenado on the block. Are any of them worth jumping on?

Schoop, Cobb, Cal Quantrill for Gio
              Kyle Lewis for Gio
              Kyle Wright, Matt Chapman, Forrest Whitley, Alex Faedo, Tyler Austin for Arenado and Bauer (that team also has Didi who I don't think I can get, Gohara, and Puk)
              Soroka, Buxton, Brinson, Bichette, Brendan Rodgers for Arenado and Bauer (that team also has Luis Castillo, Hiura, and Royce Lewis)
              Tatis Jr or Soto plus a pitcher (probably one of Walker Buehler, Flaherty, Sixto Sanchez) for Arenado
              I actually pretty much hate all of the offers except the Schoop and Quantrill for Gio.

I would be contacting the Owner of Goldschmidt who I am assuming is competing with the Trout owner to see what I could work out. My targets would be Vlad Jr. and Eloy. Listening to local radio I think Eloy has a chance to be up this year. He is a beast.

Comment

In a dynasty points league like that, it's pitching, pitching, pitching. It's a shallow hitters pool, so finding adequate hitters really isn't an issue. I would advise NOT dealing for hitters in this league, if you deal Aranado for anything make sure that it's GOOD pitching, even if it's in the minors.

The Kyle Wright off is OK, but the hitters are essentially crap in a points league like this, certainly nothing to give up Arranado AND Bauer for. Just a flat no to the other offers...Bauer is still young, you can have him for another 7 years or more...again, acquire pitching, don't give it up.

In my dynasty points league that essentially has the same system, I've got Acuna, Vlad Jr, Eloy, and Kyle Tucker...I doubt that I could get much more than a .500 pitcher for any of them.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

More offers!

Verdugo/Alec Hansen/Bauers/McKay/Fedde for Tanaka and Arenado
                  Amed Rosario/Soroka/Buxton/Royce Lewis/Dom Smith/Brendan Rodgers for Arenado and Bauer
                  Mahle/Adames/Ohtani for Tanaka and Arenado

Comment

More offers!

Verdugo/Alec Hansen/Bauers/McKay/Fedde for Tanaka and Arenado
                    Amed Rosario/Soroka/Buxton/Royce Lewis/Dom Smith/Brendan Rodgers for Arenado and Bauer
                    Mahle/Adames/Ohtani for Tanaka and Arenado
                    I'd probably do some haggling with the Ohtani offer, you need to get more, IMO, but it's the best of the bunch. Does he have an arm that's at least at AA level, or highly thought of? Adames isn't going to do a lot for you in this format. For example, last night LoMo finally went off, he got me 11 points. Alex Wood had a decent game, nothing great, no win, no quality start, he got me 9 points.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

One more offer, that looked a lot better a month and a half ago when I offered it, he rejected, and now he's re-offered it - Robbie Ray, Luis Castillo (who has been surprisingly awful), Brendan Rodgers, and Bo Bichette for Trevor Bauer. I would be cutting Bieber, LeBlanc, and Pirela.

Comment

One more offer, that looked a lot better a month and a half ago when I offered it, he rejected, and now he's re-offered it - Robbie Ray, Luis Castillo (who has been surprisingly awful), Brendan Rodgers, and Bo Bichette for Trevor Bauer. I would be cutting Bieber, LeBlanc, and Pirela.
                        Seems great in a dynasty format. I'd pull the trigger quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Seems great in a dynasty format. I'd pull the trigger quickly.
                          me too
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                          X