Trade Darvish for Bogaerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    worse than shocking. it's irresponsible. somebody would've given the owner something he could use in a league that deep.
    I agree - he was just traded for Rasiel Iglesias and Domingo Santana (two separate trades) last week in a mixed league I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      worse than shocking. it's irresponsible. somebody would've given the owner something he could use in a league that deep.
      I agree. He's always done this and in the past I told him it was a bad move and that someone would have given something for the player he waived but he just said "Nope, right move." He's very reactionary. He kept Nova for $10 in the same league and waived him after the first start. Just plain dumb. He's not a bad owner but he has zero patience for players. There was only one team that didn't put a bid in for Darvish, and that might have been because I mentioned I was going to put a claim in, I am lower than him in the standings so it was safe for me to tell him.

I need to start making this guy trade offers when a player of his has a bad day.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        I agree. He's always done this and in the past I told him it was a bad move and that someone would have given something for the player he waived but he just said "Nope, right move." He's very reactionary. He kept Nova for $10 in the same league and waived him after the first start. Just plain dumb. He's not a bad owner but he has zero patience for players. There was only one team that didn't put a bid in for Darvish, and that might have been because I mentioned I was going to put a claim in, I am lower than him in the standings so it was safe for me to tell him.

I need to start making this guy trade offers when a player of his has a bad day.

was just going to say that. your first stop each morning after looking at your own squad is to see who is struggling on his squad and buy low.

you just found yourself a new farm team Buck. congrats.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That can't be a sustainable model for success, has he ever won?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

... He's not a bad owner but he has zero patience for players...
            That seems like a bad owner.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              That can't be a sustainable model for success, has he ever won?
              He has won, but not often.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                That seems like a bad owner.
                Good point

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Darvish was waived in my 12 team NL only league. He was drafted for $25 and at the time a few people thought it was a bargain. I'm happy to wait on my $29 Bumgarner.
                  Maybe he knows more about the Yu flu than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Maybe he knows more about the Yu flu than you do.
                    If he did then he would have just DL'd him, we have no bench but unlimited DL spots.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

If he did then he would have just DL'd him, we have no bench but unlimited DL spots.
                      Yeah, but I really just wanted an excuse to rhyme "Yu flu you do".

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Yeah, but I really just wanted an excuse to rhyme "Yu flu you do".
                        I wouldn't want to stand in the way of that voodoo...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                        X